Discussion best game headset out there?

• Thread starter magiikal1
  • Start date
  • Views 563
M

magiikal1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are mixed thoughts on this idc about the money i just want a product that i wont have any problems with, i dont want to worry bout my battery dieing, i want to be able to hear footsteps and all, i had the tb x1 but mic broke.. =/
also it dont bother me if i have allot of cables or anything i really just want sound quality,

what would you guys recommend me getting?

7s Pro Gfx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
magiikal1 said:
there are mixed thoughts on this idc about the money i just want a product that i wont have any problems with, i dont want to worry bout my battery dieing, i want to be able to hear footsteps and all, i had the tb x1 but mic broke.. =/
also it dont bother me if i have allot of cables or anything i really just want sound quality,

what would you guys recommend me getting?

Audio Systems - A40 MLG Edition | Astro Gaming

:thumbup:

H

x HypNoTiiK o

Getting There
Reaction score
I got Turtle Beach X1's they have good surround sound and the cost $60

X

XovreS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty pleased with my X41s. The A40s aren't bad either though. They're pretty much equal in quality and really depend on how much of a jew the buyer is.

<-------uberjew

P

PrfctionIsFlawd

Getting There
Reaction score
I think that astros are the best for headsets, but having speakers set up in surround sound is just as good.

N

NYJets

Reaction score
Turtle Beach - Ear Force X31

If price is not an issue, by far this is your best bet.

L

lololo

Reaction score
astro and i would actually know because i own astros and turtle beach x3s

F

fnatiic

GB Allstar
Reaction score
Astros, don't listen to the kids saying TBs...

H

Hi Im Jesus x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
astros my guy. i had tb x31 and they were **** compared to astros.

B

Brychu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally have Astros and love them. I've used two different pairs of turtle beaches that some friends own and honestly not a big fan of them. Sure with astros you have to deal with the wire mess, but not having to put up with interference from microwaves, cell phones, etc. makes it worth it for me.

I

ii aM Coins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Astro=best wired headset

TB x41's=best wireless headset.

Astros are more expensive and provide very little if any noticeable higher quality. Tb's have a deeper bass which gives more realistic explosions and with the bass boost off they sound very very close to astros. TB's also have dual volume controls for game and chat while astros only have one. Either higher game volume/lower chat volume or visa verse. I also personally hate having multiple cords on me while playing. If I was you I wouldn't spend the extra 100$ on Astros as you will not be receiving 100$ worth of higher sound quality, most of that money will be going to the packaging (which is nicer than what my 47" lcd tv came in, and they are the official mlg headset). I guess if you want to spend that much more just so you can think you are more pro than people with TB's then have at it. Your money not mine.

Edit: BTW stop comparing astros to x3's and x31's. They are not even on the same level of headset.

B

BoJangles00

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
ii aM Coins said:
Astro=best wired headset

TB x41's=best wireless headset.

Astros are more expensive and provide very little if any noticeable higher quality. Tb's have a deeper bass which gives more realistic explosions and with the bass boost off they sound very very close to astros. TB's also have dual volume controls for game and chat while astros only have one. Either higher game volume/lower chat volume or visa verse. I also personally hate having multiple cords on me while playing. If I was you I wouldn't spend the extra 100$ on Astros as you will not be receiving 100$ worth of higher sound quality, most of that money will be going to the packaging (which is nicer than what my 47" lcd tv came in, and they are the official mlg headset. I guess if you want to spend that much more just so you can think you are more pro than people with TB's then have at it. Your money not mine.

Astros have a mixer which is an automatic win. And he said money doesn't matter. And wireless headsets just plain sucks. Batteries and waste of time...because they're wireless...

I

ii aM Coins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BoJangles00 said:
Astros have a mixer which is an automatic win. And he said money doesn't matter. And wireless headsets just plain sucks. Batteries and waste of time...because they're wireless...

For me (and everyone I have ever met) wireless was always preferred over wired. If I wanted to feel like I was sitting behind my entertainment center, then I would sit behind my entertainment center.

U

UngodlySnip3s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a general question about the astro a40 headset.
Would you recommend getting the TOSlink Optic Cable with it?

Top Bottom