What's new

Best forum software for a Gaming Community?

• Thread starter A Stick
  • Start date
  • Views 1,925
A

A Stick

Reaction score
So currently, i am using 000Webhost and myBB. What I have done was change most of the graphics from the default forum theme to match my logo and color.
Here:

I was just wondering if there were better options or any tips on how to get it more gamer friendly.

M

manaberry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to scale, you shouldn't be using 000webhost. Yes it's free, but you'll quickly use resources running a forum, especially a popular forum.

If you want to get more gamer friendly, I would suggest introduce rankings, reputations, achievements (on forum, i.e. first post, 100th post, 1000 reps, etc.), exclusive content via forums (i.e. restrict members with < 25 post from entering an area with exclusive content).

A

A Stick

Reaction score
Thanks! lll see what better web hosts there are that can fit my budget and Ill definitely add ranks and stuff like that.

L

lewfarrimond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you could afford it and are still open to what software you are using, give XenForo (7S uses this) or Vbulletin a go, they're very reliable and both have some excellent features that place them above free software. However, like I said they are paid and there is free software out there that does it's job very well with a lot of customisation. Good luck with your forum, I'll be sure to check it out when it's ready!

M

MatthewH

Reaction score
Well, there's a lot of choices. Are you going a forum, or discussion board? Free or paid? Low members, or high? Do you want a lot of plugins or not? PHP system, or any language based system?

There's a lot of questions to be answered.

Top Bottom