• Thread starter HOBO POW3R
  • Start date
  • Views 814
H

HOBO POW3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whats the best drive when it comes to flashing?
What is the easiest?
What do you have?

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HOBO POW3R said:
Whats the best drive when it comes to flashing?
What is the easiest?
What do you have?
I would say a Hitachi 78 is the easiest. Just open up firmware toolbox and it's pretty straightforward. Also it doesn't requires any special chipsets, I just "borrowed' a SATA cable from my XSATA.

I have a BenQ.

R

rh535

Reaction score
Sin$
Many including myself will say Benq. In the USA you can get a Benq drive off ebay for around $30. They also seem to last longer than the other drives. Recently Microsoft went to only using Benq drives in the 360.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Rheejus said:
I would say a Hitachi 78 is the easiest. Just open up firmware toolbox and it's pretty straightforward. Also it doesn't requires any special chipsets, I just "borrowed' a SATA cable from my XSATA.

I have a BenQ.
Hitachi's are not the easiest drive to flash. Since they need special steps before they can be flashed. But that is your opinion and this is mine.:smile:

The easiest drives to flash are samsung's and benq's. As all you need to do is hit unlock, then read, then make the firmware then hit write and it erases and writes the new firmware.

G

Golfrichie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Easiest drives to flash are BenQ and Samsung. The best drive overall is probably BenQ as it is quiet and not picky if you burn games to something other than Verbatiam (at least from my experiences). And I have a BenQ.

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Whats the best drive when it comes to flashing? Lite-On
What is the easiest? Benq, Samsung
What do you have? Lite-On

D

dewrules463

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea the lite-on drive is the best (has no problems but takes longer to flash due to probe), hitachis are the hardest take the longest time to flash (due to multiple steps and having to put into mode b, and there r like 20 different hitachi drives), benq is best overall (because easy flash few just stop working all of a sudden), samsung is by far the worst (because ive lost like 3 of them theyre easy to flash but they break so much theyre not worth even working on them). Overall the lite-on is the best as long as u cant get a hold of the ck3 + probe. Ive flashed all of the drives n lite-on has never let me down.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's my list in order:

1. LiteOn- Once you flash one you can flash em all
2. BenQ- Quiet, reads everything
3. Sammy- Easy to flash, reliable
4. Hitachi- *barf*

S

straykiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
deff benq, liton are good also because they are not picky about the disks u burn them on just like the benq drives. litons just take more time and need additional hardware to flash, ie the probe, to get the drive key. my benq took me less than 2 min to flash and you dont have to actualy use DOS to flash it . just connect the drive to the pc open dosflash it will detect a benq drive connected to the pc hit yes when it asks if u want to use the magic 28 unlock method, and thats pretty much the extent of it, read ur firmware get the key put it in ix1.6 and write. DONE. ull be playn your backups in a matter of minutes

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just think Hitachi 78s are easy because you just reboot a couple times and click 6 times, and I've been too lazy to flash my BenQ.

Top Bottom
Login
Register