• Thread starter BrantleyMC
  • Start date
  • Views 644
BrantleyMC

BrantleyMC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
These are the books that have taught me the most and helped me more than any other books. I hope they will help you. I always wished someone would have posted something like this when I was a beginner :/ But anyway...

C
The C Programming Language by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie

This is a really old book and its still undoubtedly the best book for anyone wanting to learn or understand better the C programming language.

C++

Beginning C++ through game programming, second edition by Micheal Dawson

I tried to learn C++ for months before I understood it like I did from a week of reading this book. If you are new to C++, and things aren't completely clear to you this book should help you :smile:

Bash

Linux Shell Scripting with Bash by Ken O. Burtch

Starting from the very beginning, this book is an amazing and comprehensive guide and reference for everyone who is interested in Bash. This book may be a little fast paced, but it explains everything nicely imho.

Perl

Programming Perl by O'REILLY - Larry Wall, Tom Chirstiansen & Jon Orwant

If you have never programmed Perl before, you might want to start off with the book "Beginning Perl" by O'REILLY. But, if you are a fast learner then this book is perfect for you. No doubt, the absolute best book for Perl and its perfect no matter if you are a fast learner or not, this books lets you move at your own pace.

I really hope this helps you. If you have read books that have been an absolute great help, then post them and I'll try to get around to reading them or if more than one person agrees on a book then I'll add it to the list.

Top Bottom
Login
Register