What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Best 360 Version To Buy When Looking for Modded Console?

• Thread starter LicsoKam
  • Start date
  • Views 660
L

LicsoKam

Reaction score
Sin$
Title explains it all.

I am looking online, mostly eBay since I have a reputation and buildup on my profile, for an already-modded Xbox 360.

My question is what version should I be looking for? I know the any JTAGed 360 means they are most likely the Phat version and I know they have a reputation for the RROD.

That leaves me with the Xbox 360 Slim. Is there anything specific I should be looking for when it comes to the Xbox 360? I am going to see if anyone has one modded already so I skip the soldering part.

My goal is make copies of my games that risk being damaged, play emulators, and honestly have fun with these newfound powers. I do not plan on playing online via Xbox Live.

What are your thoughts about my goals?

s o n n y

s o n n y

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
for phats, i would recommend gettng a jasper as those are very reliable/good

if your gonna buy on ebay
i would suggest looking if they have good reviews + see if they have soldering pics so you know your getting something good as some people do poor work and you dont want something that is bad/has issues

L

LicsoKam

Reaction score
Sin$
for phats, i would recommend gettng a jasper as those are very reliable/good

if your gonna buy on ebay
i would suggest looking if they have good reviews + see if they have soldering pics so you know your getting something good as some people do poor work and you dont want something that is bad/has issues
Isnt it not worth getting a Phat? Shouldnt i go for a slim?

s o n n y

s o n n y

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Isnt it not worth getting a Phat? Shouldnt i go for a slim?
you can get a phat but i would recommend asking/messaging the seller if the motherboard is a jasper as those are very reliable cause older phats may not last long/can die which you dont want
slims consoles are fine you can go for one, i use one + most people use them these days

you could also look here aswell
at the end of the day its up to you which one you can get but you should be fine with a slim

L

LicsoKam

Reaction score
Sin$
you can get a phat but i would recommend asking/messaging the seller if the motherboard is a jasper as those are very reliable cause older phats may not last long/can die which you dont want
slims consoles are fine you can go for one, i use one + most people use them these days

you could also look here aswell
at the end of the day its up to you which one you can get but you should be fine with a slim

Let's say I go for a slim. Which slim would be the best?

Also, thinking more about it, lets say I go for a Phat Jasper model. Can I restore back an older 360 firmware with the Blade Dashboard or not possible? I am looking for a console that I can do the most on and is likely to survive. I was thinking alot about the Slim because they are the more "recent" versions and therefore the most table.

Side question: I assume its not possible but could someone theoretically install a firmware [lets say close to official] of the Blade Dashboard on a 360 Slim that is RGHed?

s o n n y

s o n n y

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's say I go for a slim. Which slim would be the best?

Also, thinking more about it, lets say I go for a Phat Jasper model. Can I restore back an older 360 firmware with the Blade Dashboard or not possible? I am looking for a console that I can do the most on and is likely to survive. I was thinking alot about the Slim because they are the more "recent" versions and therefore the most table.

Side question: I assume its not possible but could someone theoretically install a firmware [lets say close to official] of the Blade Dashboard on a 360 Slim that is RGHed?
for slims people say trinity are better as coronas can get issues with their emmc

yes you can downgrade to blades on a phat but you cant downgrade to blades on a slim (you can do nxe on a slim if its a trinity though)
you can technically run just the blades dashboard on a slim but you would be online using proto which i dont think you want as you said you dont plan on playing xbox live

Top Bottom
Login
Register