• Thread starter Darth Pikachu
  • Start date
  • Views 426
D

Darth Pikachu

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys.

I am looking for to JTAG/RGH an Xbox. Before I go an buy any old console. Is there ones that are best I should look out for and ones I should avoid?

SGCSam

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Unequivocally avoid Xenons, Zephyrs, Opuses and Winchesters. The first 3 are a nightmare to work with - they are TECHNICALLY RGHable but it takes so much time, on top of the reliability issues and the chance of red ring that they're just not worth it at all. Winchesters are the most recent revision of motherboard found exclusively in E consoles and they are unable to be RGHed. So, to be clear, Falcons, Jaspers, Trinities and Coronas are all good choices.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys.

I am looking for to JTAG/RGH an Xbox. Before I go an buy any old console. Is there ones that are best I should look out for and ones I should avoid?

The jasper revision is the last generation of the phat xbox 360 and it is the most reliable (much more reliable than any slim 360). A jasper can last a very long time if it is well maintained. Like doing a good and fresh application of thermal compound and keeping it in a well ventilated area. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like the slim does (internal wifi and sound effects) but it will out last it in terms of overheating issues.

I just finished doing an rgh 1.2 on a jasper 360. It has a clean board, good optical drive, and comes with a hard drive. Its in execellent condition. PM if you're interested in buying so that I can make a new thread to showcase it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register