Solved benq lite-on

• Thread starter darklotusfaygo
  • Start date
  • Views 726
D

darklotusfaygo

Reaction score
Sin$
gotta question...lemme see if i understand this right...this is going to be my first time doing this and ugotpwned has helped me out alot and i wanna make sure this is right before i go and do it so i dont mess anything up

i'm going to take apart my xbox and get to the disk drive open up that disk drive

then hook my sata cable on the left side of the disk drive on the 360 drive, into the sata port in my computer

then on the right side connect my probe, then connect the connectivity kit into the probe then run a usb from my kit to my desktop then I can crack it? I can use xbox's power source with the drive in it? or do i have to buy a seperate power source for the kit?

whoever has done this give me links of the products i will buy

so far i gotta pick up these

usb cord
connectivity kit
probe
sata cord

all these members and nobody knows?

dragonz2444

dragonz2444

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Kreon DVD Drives

Comes with everything and you probably don't have the right chipset on your computer so your going to need a VIA card.

Power the drive with the CK
Power the CK with the computer molex
USB from CK to Computer
SATA from drive to computer

If you don't have the right chipset it won't work. Hence if your only doing 1 liteon it's cheaper to send it to someone (like me :biggrin:) who will do it for $20.

Otherwise you paying around 30+20 $50 to flash your drive.

M

MrPink

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok im looking into doing this, would my motherboard be able to flash it using the sata on that or would i need to get a chip set?

D

darklotusfaygo

Reaction score
Sin$
MrPink said:
Ok im looking into doing this, would my motherboard be able to flash it using the sata on that or would i need to get a chip set?

it all depends, hook it up and see if your MB will read the sata. if it does ur good to go

Top Bottom
Login
Register