Solved BenQ Firmware mod, Windows 7 x64 on Nvidia 790i Ultra SLI. Having problems...

Screwville512

Reaction score
Alright, I'll start off with my drives current situation. I have modded my Benq once before with either 1.51 or 1.6. It was months ago so I don't remember, though I believe it is 1.51 due to that fact that it will not play wave 4's using an activation disk (one shot boot).

In the last 6+ hours I have been scouring forums and google to no avail. I know I can mod it as I have done so before with a 64-bit OS (I believe it was vista at the time). The first 4+ hours were spent trying to get XP mode to recognize my sata ports. I had installed .net framework 3.5, then portio32, and finally got jungleflash to work. Though once it did, it only read 4 i/o ports which were all IDE. Since then I have been trying to get Dosflash64 to work under win 7 ultimate x64. I have already signed portio64.sys and have gotten both dosflash and jungleflasher to run. This is were I am having (more) problems, I now have 24 i/o ports in jungleflash most of which are sata though none are my Benq. I have gone to device manager and it recognized and enabled(PBDS VAD6038-64930C SCSI CdRom Device). It is also recognized in my BIOS.

I think my main problem is the "no components were found during enumeration" error given by JF (1.66b, I also have 1.67b). If I'm not mistaken this is caused by the lack of portio32. Though I remember having this same error during my first flash though I don't remember how I fixed it.

In case any one is wondering I'm running a q9550 @3.83ghz W/ 4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz. 2 9600gso's SLI, and two 500gb WD Blacks in raid 0.

If needed I will/can post screens...

Thanks in advance for anything helpful, I have spent way too many hours at this so far and will not give up until I get it. Also, sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much detail as possibly. For I see the oppiste in far too many post and would like to have this/these problem(s) solved as quickly as possible with as little unnnessacry questions as possible.

I hate to unnecessarily post like this but, is there no edit button on this site? If there is it is hidden awfully damn well.

Sorry for that last line, I use other forums 'like' this one, though this it is setup differently than many others.

Screwville512

Reaction score
I thought about it and remembered that I had actually flashed it twice, the first time I had used an 8gb flash drive with dos (I broke it a few weeks ago). I ended up just installing win 7 x86 on my 100gb IDE and I flashed it in under 5 mins with jungleflasher. I still want to try to get it working in XP mode just for fun, and if I do I will post how I did it.

BTW, Assassin's creed II is pretty sweet.:biggrin:

Top Bottom