Benq drive won't open after 2-wire trick?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Haxalot88, Dec 27, 2008 with 13 replies and 2,924 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Alright, so I recently tried to flash a dude's benq drive in return for some burnt disks. So I decided to do the 2-wire trick since I'm running an intel mobo. At first, my computer was able to recognize it, but installed some drivers wrong, and the program was still unable to read it. So then after a bit of tinkering, I had to call him back and tell him my computer couldn't even read it.
    So after I put it back together, here's the problem. I remove the two wires, and put the drive back together and everything. However whenever I turn the 360 on, the center light on the ROL keeps flashing, and the drive won't eject at all. Since it's a BenQ, there's no emergency eject, and I don't know how the problem works out. The box can get to the dash correctly, however it just keeps saying "opening disk tray".

Does anyone know what this problem is, and can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thanks.

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    well, first off, 2 wire trick is for Samsung MS28

3. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:
    2 wire trick is for LG 0059 or early!

Benq all you need is Dosflash 1.6, It looks like you had burn the drive, I hope you have the Key out already.

4. OP
    Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    no, i mean the 2-wire trick as shown in [Click here to view the link]

I have an intel chipset, so I decided to use the first one. Is there any way to fix this error? I do believe the flashing light indicates that its constantly trying to open the disk try (as confirmed by the 360 dashboard), so maybe it's either a power error with the traces, or maybe the disk tray is jammed?
    Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to fix it by placing a good beat of solder on the traces to seal those back up, and then doing a bit of drive cleaning to get the tray in good condition. However I just wish to know if anyone has had this specific error and knows what they did to fix it.
    Thanks!

5. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    I dont understand what cutting the traces on the board exactly does.

6. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I don't see the point in doing it that way when flashing a benq is so easy. Especially when all you need is the $15 sata card with the right chipset. Also im just going to say you probably bricked it.

7. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    The flashing means it doesnt detect the drive

• Like Like x 1
  8. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:
    I did the trace mod before, but that's way before the DOSFLASH come out!

I had flashed my BENQ with ICH7 by DOSFLASH 1.6, just send the magic comm and you can flash it.

9. OP
    Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    mind telling me the magic command? If i can flash the benq with my onboard SATA, then I will. Just it said i needed either a VIA or NFORCE to do it, when I have something else.

10. lovexbox

lovexbox Newbie

Ratings:

It used to only VIA and NF board can flash BENQ, (with older version of DOSFLASH)

but no anymore, just try DOSFLASH 1.6 and see :thumbup:

Just make sure you unplug everthing lile HDD,DVD (but BENQ) before you turn on the PC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You are a beast! I wonder why I somehow only got 1.4 when I was trying to flash it last time =|

12. NinjaBrian

NinjaBrian Getting There

Ratings:
    The two-wire trick on a BenQ? Anyways I had an incident with the two wire trick before and it turns out the power cable for the drive was shot so I replaced it and voila! I use Dosflash for almost everything even for lite-on drives once I already extract the key. Benq drives are by far the easiest.

13. OP
    Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    it's technically called the VCC trick, found it on textbook's tutorial. I still can't get the pc to even recognize the drive. I tried repairing the traces which didn't really affect it, and also tried connecting the two traces which didn't help either =(
    If i can at least dump the key, I can spoof it to my ms25 drive that I have here.

14. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
    hmm i just used dosflash32 and it worked fine on a benq...?
    i think you just made like more complicated then you should have...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.