What's new

Discussion Benefits To Rooting Galaxy S4 and Easy Unroot?

• Thread starter Digital HD
  • Start date
  • Views 686
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What are the benefits to root my Galaxy S4? I've rooted my previous phone (HTC One V) and over time it seemed like my root made my phone slower. So what are the benefits to rooting the Galaxy S4?

Also, can I easily unroot it without damaging anything internally and whipping my data? Because if I ever either sell the phone or trade it in I don't want it to be rooted.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If you root your phone, you can get rid of preinstalled bloatware, flash a custom ROM, flash a custom Kernal, and more.

You're able to unroot your phone easily too.

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well seeing that I could get mobile hotspot on my phone would be one reason. At this time I don't have that since Cricket Wireless doesn't allow it at all (for some reason).
I'm not familiar with rooting at all since I'm an Apple person myself. :tongue:

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not familiar with rooting at all since I'm an Apple person myself. :tongue:
I will always have an Android lol. I find it way more changeable straight out of the box than iPhone's. Plus most Android's have more features and are more powerful than iPhone's.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What are the benefits to root my Galaxy S4? I've rooted my previous phone (HTC One V) and over time it seemed like my root made my phone slower. So what are the benefits to rooting the Galaxy S4?

Also, can I easily unroot it without damaging anything internally and whipping my data? Because if I ever either sell the phone or trade it in I don't want it to be rooted.
I ran a couple different ROMs on my S4 when I had it. Looks like you can get Lollipop ROM. I would go ahead and do that. Like what was posted above, the main benefit is removing all the bloatware and freeing up 1GB+ of space.

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
The benefits are very special. I rooted my S4 but sadly it's limited since its the at&t version. But you can install all these ROMs and unlock new features to improve your experience with your phone.

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The benefits are very special. I rooted my S4 but sadly it's limited since its the at&t version. But you can install all these ROMs and unlock new features to improve your experience with your phone.
Well I have a Cricket (or AIO Wireless) Galaxy S4 and I heard those are factory unlocked so they aren't limited. I just need to find a tutorial on how to root it.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I have a Cricket (or AIO Wireless) Galaxy S4 and I heard those are factory unlocked so they aren't limited. I just need to find a tutorial on how to root it.
I usually use the odin method, but I just found out that towelroot, the root app by geo-hotz also works on the s4, so if you want you can give it a go. 
And if you mess something up you can follow this guide to flash your phone back to stock.

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry to bring back a thread from a month ago but the 2 reasons why i root my androids are

1 adware blockers for the free apps
2 free wifi hotspot

other than those two things i could do without root myself

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry to bring back a thread from a month ago but the 2 reasons why i root my androids are

1 adware blockers for the free apps
2 free wifi hotspot

other than those two things i could do without root myself
I don't think full themes can't be done without a root :tongue: . But I didn't know their was an Adware Blocker O.o Interesting

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure about themes I usually un stock look but the adware app to use is adaway. It needs root permission

Tradition

Tradition

illuminati
Reaction score
Sin$
You can probably check the xda developer forums to figure out a root and unroot method for your S4.

Mob Zombi

Mob Zombi

Intelligence Is Mine
Reaction score
Sin$
I've had two of those phones and loved em. Rooted or not.
Just make a back up of all your files before your root.

Top Bottom
Login
Register