What's new

Solved Ben-Q not reading truncate burns?

• Thread starter duelmebro
  • Start date
  • Views 217
duelmebro

duelmebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i bought a ben-q drive to replace my old one. swapped DvD keys and flashed it to 3.0. now from what i heard/read a ben-q flashed to 3.0 is able to run truncated (98%) burned games. but they still won't read. anyone know why?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So i bought a ben-q drive to replace my old one. swapped DvD keys and flashed it to 3.0. now from what i heard/read a ben-q flashed to 3.0 is able to run truncated (98%) burned games. but they still won't read. anyone know why?
All drives can read truncated games. It's the simple fact that it's not safe as your leaving a chunk of security data off the disk. Now, with that said, does it play retail games? It could be a bad burn, or a weakish laser. The laser needs to work harder to read burned games.

duelmebro

duelmebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it reads retail games. but this is where i am lost to no demand. someone said it has to be lt+ 3.0 to read truncated games. so i said whatever and bought a ben-q and repaired a old xbox. it reads games like dirt 2 and all that. but when i freshly truncated burned NHL 15 it said unreadable. same as the new saints row. it is flashed to 3.0. i don't play online so security issues not really caring for me

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably bad burns. For the xdg3 games. What tut or settings are you using and what disks and drive?

duelmebro

duelmebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im using memorex's (too poor for verbatim's lmao) not using any tutorials just burning them from straight knowledge from burning games before.

Top Bottom
Login
Register