What's new

Solved Beginner modding. Advice, menus, other players, protection, cars!

• Thread starter ZEDISNOTDEAD
  • Start date
  • Views 4,062
Z

ZEDISNOTDEAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey so, while I may be a bit late to the show I finally got into PS3 Modding :biggrin:

Running DEX 3.5/4.8

GTA Menu questions:

Been playing around with different cracked (I know :banghead: consider it a test drive) SPRX menus, but found a free one - Galerium to be the most stable/fun. (But not as many protections) Would I be right in thinking if I bought a menu, for example, predator.. it would be much more stable than the cracked version?

Also I couldn't find serendipity/lexicon anywhere at all.. was a little gutted about that. Do they exist anywhere?

Not sure if allowed but, anyone have any advice for other working/stable/complex paid menus?

Other modder in session questions:

So on 2 occasions I've encountered a couple of people, "flexing" I guess you'd call it.. told me what menu I was using, where I was from.. some crap like this. Then said the menu was **** and kicked me..

Can I avoid this? And how is it being done? My experience with predator v14 shows IP and local IP, location. Sometimes menu but usually hidden and kick options. How can I avoid someone being able to do this to me?

Modifying cars

I love modifiying cars, but haven't found something like I was expecting after watching a few "how to mod an account" video. Where they show pre set RBGs + pearls, wheel colour mods, invisible parts etc but most only briefly..

Couldn't find much info on the topic.. maybe it's a bit old and no ones doing it anymore.

Had some luck with certain SPRXs, able to randomize RGB, specific RGB with sliders for R B G, never seen wheel colour or option to add remove invisible /unotainable parts etc etc..

So even if you don't do it anymore, how did you do it?

Sorry for the massive post..

Be great to get some advice from some of you who have had years experience.

Last edited:
BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey so, while I may be a bit late to the show I finally got into PS3 Modding :biggrin:

Running DEX 3.5/4.8

GTA Menu questions:

Been playing around with different cracked (I know :banghead: consider it a test drive) SPRX menus, but found a free one - Galerium to be the most stable/fun. (But not as many protections) Would I be right in thinking if I bought a menu, for example, predator.. it would be much more stable than the cracked version?

Also I couldn't find serendipity/lexicon anywhere at all.. was a little gutted about that. Do they exist anywhere?

Not sure if allowed but, anyone have any advice for other working/stable/complex paid menus?

Other modder in session questions:

So on 2 occasions I've encountered a couple of people, "flexing" I guess you'd call it.. told me what menu I was using, where I was from.. some crap like this. Then said the menu was **** and kicked me..

Can I avoid this? And how is it being done? My experience with predator v14 shows IP and local IP, location. Sometimes menu but usually hidden and kick options. How can I avoid someone being able to do this to me?

Modifying cars

I love modifiying cars, but haven't found something like I was expecting after watching a few "how to mod an account" video. Where they show pre set RBGs + pearls, wheel colour mods, invisible parts etc but most only briefly..

Couldn't find much info on the topic.. maybe it's a bit old and no ones doing it anymore.

Had some luck with certain SPRXs, able to randomize RGB, specific RGB with sliders for R B G, never seen wheel colour or option to add remove invisible /unotainable parts etc etc..

So even if you don't do it anymore, how did you do it?

Sorry for the massive post..

Be great to get some advice from some of you who have had years experience.

Serendipity and lexicon got DMCA'D when rockstar took open iv down. they're not coming back, real shame ik, they will be forever missed.

I currently use lts, great menu.

I hear good things about semjases. but i would never give my money to that developer.. why? because when semjases first released they had 2 different versions. one for $15 and the other for $25. both the same menu but one of them had client control. its ****ed... i know.

He detected what menu you are using because tustin released a community mod menu detection system, i dont think there is a way to bypass this except from getting a menu that doesnt have the detection code in it.

I dont think you can bypass being kicked either, its real annoying, thats why i dont go into public lobbies because of being kicked and frozen non stop.

pleothora sprx is good for nice 3d paints. apii is also good but they're not preset. but once you find the colours you like with apii or pleothora you can use illogicalmods version of imperium rtm tool to make a custom config to preset your colors (you can also preset outfits)

unobtainable parts- not too sure what you mean by that, like remove the bumper on the conquette or the messa without roofbars? you can do that with apii too

please be careful when using cracked stuff. they connect to a server potentially putting your cid at risk of being stolen.

Upvote 0
Z

ZEDISNOTDEAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Serendipity and lexicon got DMCA'D when rockstar took open iv down. they're not coming back, real shame ik, they will be forever missed.

I currently use lts, great menu.

I hear good things about semjases. but i would never give my money to that developer.. why? because when semjases first released they had 2 different versions. one for $15 and the other for $25. both the same menu but one of them had client control. its ****ed... i know.

He detected what menu you are using because tustin released a community mod menu detection system, i dont think there is a way to bypass this except from getting a menu that doesnt have the detection code in it.

I dont think you can bypass being kicked either, its real annoying, thats why i dont go into public lobbies because of being kicked and frozen non stop.

pleothora sprx is good for nice 3d paints. apii is also good but they're not preset. but once you find the colours you like with apii or pleothora you can use illogicalmods version of imperium rtm tool to make a custom config to preset your colors (you can also preset outfits)

unobtainable parts- not too sure what you mean by that, like remove the bumper on the conquette or the messa without roofbars? you can do that with apii too

please be careful when using cracked stuff. they connect to a server potentially putting your cid at risk of being stolen.

Thanks for the Reply man and concern about CID. I figured there was a catch, This is week 2 for me so, theres gonna come a point when i get banned for either laziness or some reason like this, I have another Back up CID ready to roll. :biggrin:

I've used the most recent cracked LTS thats going around, but found it to be really buggy & freeze.. probably the crack not the menu though.

So i have Defiance VPN loader too, with APPI 2, dark horse, maggot maps, some recovery options, garage editor and anti freeze. is APPI 2 what you're talking about re missing parts on vehicles? AH! just found it under Garage - vehicle extras. (Double roof chino... Sweet! lol) Thanks man!

How about loading things like the brickade/dune? are they not on last gen? forgive my stupidity, i came from PS4.

It's hit and miss with the public lobbies, some have been great fun so far and others, full of really weird modders that just want to f*** up other modders and be an as*hole.

RTM i haven't even got to yet, I guess theres a totally different level of control there.

Thanks again dude, Will have a look at samjases and consider buying LTS.

Upvote 0
BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the Reply man and concern about CID. I figured there was a catch, This is week 2 for me so, theres gonna come a point when i get banned for either laziness or some reason like this, I have another Back up CID ready to roll. :biggrin:

I've used the most recent cracked LTS thats going around, but found it to be really buggy & freeze.. probably the crack not the menu though.

So i have Defiance VPN loader too, with APPI 2, dark horse, maggot maps, some recovery options, garage editor and anti freeze. is APPI 2 what you're talking about re missing parts on vehicles? AH! just found it under Garage - vehicle extras. (Double roof chino... Sweet! lol) Thanks man!

How about loading things like the brickade/dune? are they not on last gen? forgive my stupidity, i came from PS4.

It's hit and miss with the public lobbies, some have been great fun so far and others, full of really weird modders that just want to **** up other modders and be an as*hole.

RTM i haven't even got to yet, I guess theres a totally different level of control there.

Thanks again dude, Will have a look at samjases and consider buying LTS.

No worries bud

Yeah unfortunately, not all cracked stuff is bad. just be cautious when using. Nice, always good to have a backup :smile:

I personally havent used the cracked version since i bought it, but yes that could be the case.

Yep thats it! :smile: good to see that you're not lazy and actually looked through the menu to find it, other's arent usually like that.. lol.

Brickade/dune is next gen only :frown: cant do those stuff anymore unless you're a PC player

True, seems like 99% of lobbies i find nowadays is filled with those a******s so i prefer to stay away

Yea rtms are great imo, especially being able to make custom configs for outfits + cars + colors. you can literally do a recovery in a matter of a few mouse clicks.

Again no worries, anything else you need assistance with dont hesitate to give me a shout

Upvote 0
Z

ZEDISNOTDEAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
No worries bud

Yeah unfortunately, not all cracked stuff is bad. just be cautious when using. Nice, always good to have a backup :smile:

I personally havent used the cracked version since i bought it, but yes that could be the case.

Yep thats it! :smile: good to see that you're not lazy and actually looked through the menu to find it, other's arent usually like that.. lol.

Brickade/dune is next gen only :frown: cant do those stuff anymore unless you're a PC player

True, seems like 99% of lobbies i find nowadays is filled with those ******** so i prefer to stay away

Yea rtms are great imo, especially being able to make custom configs for outfits + cars + colors. you can literally do a recovery in a matter of a few mouse clicks.

Again no worries, anything else you need assistance with dont hesitate to give me a shout
Hey man, decided to bugger it and buy LTS, was only £12, first question... if I attach a prop to a player, is it possible to remove the prop?:roflmao:

(UPDATE)

LTS sucks man, same menu as cracked version and bugs/crashes just as bad. Tried reinstalling, deleting SPRX, EBOOT and re installing. Same ****. Hopefully they can give me a refund.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey man, decided to bugger it and buy LTS, was only £12, first question... if I attach a prop to a player, is it possible to remove the prop?:roflmao:

Was just reading the readme file, you can copy job urls into the map folder and have those props in the job in session. How cool. If only we had these capabilities on ps4.
Nice! errrm, im pretty sure you can, but not to sure how. best bet would be to sign into the lts website and ask someone in the shoutbox, they're really helpful there.

really? thats odd. you checked webman settings to see how much plugin memory you have? try turning it up maybe.

Upvote 0
Z

ZEDISNOTDEAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice! errrm, im pretty sure you can, but not to sure how. best bet would be to sign into the lts website and ask someone in the shoutbox, they're really helpful there.

really? thats odd. you checked webman settings to see how much plugin memory you have? try turning it up maybe.

Where do i access Webman settings, wait.. got it.

Was on minimum memory 300 something k, changed it to max 1200 something k.

giving it a try.

Upvote 0
BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Where do i access Webman settings, wait.. got it.

Was on minimum memory 300 something k, changed it to max 1200 something k.

giving it a try.
hmm thats odd. pretty sure the default is like 800-900 if i remember correcly (havent been on ps3 in a while)

hopefully that helps

Upvote 0
Z

ZEDISNOTDEAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
hmm thats odd. pretty sure the default is like 800-900 if i remember correcly (havent been on ps3 in a while)

hopefully that helps

Well as it happens I've definitely changed my mind about LTS, with your help and talking to the DEVs on their feed I got some really good insight to a few of my issues with it. Great menu & team behind it. Their mod loader is great fun too. Some of the stuff is just hilarious. Thanks again

Upvote 0
BurtE

BurtE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well as it happens I've definitely changed my mind about LTS, with your help and talking to the DEVs on their feed I got some really good insight to a few of my issues with it. Great menu & team behind it. Their mod loader is great fun too. Some of the stuff is just hilarious. Thanks again
great to hear dude :smile:
ikr, some of the stuff cracks me up too.

your very much welcome buddy

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register