Discussion beat the ban.... good idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

I think after the news we've all heard recently, that we are all due a ban if you've done the nxe update and have a flashed drive :frown:

I've decided to do the following in the hope that I'll be able to spot the ban before it's coming and be able to save my profile ad saves.

1 - get another console that hasn't been modded and leave it well alone (I'll be getting a cheap rrod console and fixing it myself to save )

2 - don't play online!

3 - when the new (1.7, lite touch or whatever they decide to call it) is released flash the new console and then move all saves, data and profile over to the new box.

4 - after setting up my new box I'll be checking to see if my old one has been banned.

Follow this guide.... (not posted by me, I take no credit!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVmuJw_IPNg]YouTube - How To Check if Your XBox 360 is Console Banned | Microsoft November Ban Wave | Mattie4321[/ame]

5 - I'll then sell my old console on ebay. (I fully intend to add to the description weather it has been banned or not!!!)

Please let me know if this seems like a decent idea considering the current state of uneasiness within the 360 modding scene.

Blastman

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sounds like a waste of money to me. Just play till your banned then spend money on another 360. More than likely if you have already been on live in the past week your are screwed.

blastman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats my point.

I was on live last night so I know that I have a ban coming.

I've been offered a rrod console for 20 so for the sake of 1 for the screws and washers doesn't it make sense to get it, fix it and await the new firmware. (when ever it will be released)

I don't want to be in a situation where the console gets banned (say tonight) and then any further game play i do can't be carried over to the new console.

???

Handshake

Reaction score
u do realize when you go from a banned console to a legit with ur hard drive it will come up saying it is corrupt and you must recover erasing all your "hard work" and achievements and everything else right

Linkage for reference

Ben

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dark Splank said:
Your on a modding site telling people not to mod thier xbox?
He means flashing your xbox etc..

not installing a new case, leds all that stuff.

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Dark Splank said:
Your on a modding site telling people not to mod thier xbox?
He's not necessarily telling people not to. However he's very well pointing out an obvious statement of the fact that you won't get console banned if you don't have a modded 360. So for those who did get banned, it truely is your fault.

MyxNutsxHurt

Banned
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i am saying! Thanks

And i do i have 2 modded xbox's one of them is banned. I payed the price and im dealing with it. There is always a consequence when you do something your not suppose to.

blastman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Handshake said:
u do realize when you go from a banned console to a legit with ur hard drive it will come up saying it is corrupt and you must recover erasing all your "hard work" and achievements and everything else right

Linkage for reference
This is what I'm trying to avoid by not going online and until my new-er xbox has been flashed with the new version of firmware.

If I don't play online anymore and move my profile over to the new xbox before i get banned I should be ok, right?

Sol Invictus

Contributor
Reaction score
Or you just support the game developers hard work by purchasing the game legit and then never get banned!:wink:

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was inevitable that Microsoft would eventually catch on to the firmware mods. it will happen again with the new Lite Touch eventually as well. the best you can do is enjoy the time you have with your modded console, give thanks to the devs and always remember that all modifications to consoles and profiles is at your own risk!!

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom