• Thread starter PursuitFTW
  • Start date
  • Views 2,085
P

PursuitFTW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battlefield-3.jpg

It appears one of the guys over at The Defaced Security Team have got their hands on the files needed to host your own Battlefield 3 beta server. Initial reports suggest it is possible to have a server hosted on your PC listed on the master server list accessible by anyone. Two servers have currently been spotted; one such server showing as many as 128 player slots. Whilst many fans of Battlefield had been annoyed at the exclusion of Caspian Border, the leaked files unfortunately do not include the Caspian Border map and is therefore unlikely to excite the majority of Battlefield players.

DICE made this comment on the situation:

We are aware that a number of servers have appeared and are running game modes and player counts that have not currently been seen. Please try to remain on official servers.

Official servers run the following configuration

Max Players: 32
Map: Operation Metro
Mode: RUSH

Please avoid temptation and remain on these official servers while we work to have these servers dealt with.
Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned by EA.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
What? An official representative of DICE was posting passwords on the forums, so PC players can access the Caspian Border map. Why are they trying to cover this up now?

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
What? An official representative of DICE was posting passwords on the forums, so PC players can access the Caspian Border map. Why are they trying to cover this up now?
Those were official servers though.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Those were official servers though.
I guess the amount of players is a little messed up, but Caspian Border is there, available to play. You just need the password, which isn't too hard to find.

I just find it weird that they said official servers run Operation Metro, when it isn't the only map that is officially available.

Pedophile

TigerBlood

Forum Addict
Reaction score
I guess the amount of players is a little messed up, but Caspian Border is there, available to play. You just need the password, which isn't too hard to find.

I just find it weird that they said official servers run Operation Metro, when it isn't the only map that is officially available.
No one can play Caspian Border anymore.

209f8290.png

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551894086251181/

Unless they turned them back on.

S

Styx1

Reaction score
It was Domo/the1domox, remember that guy who gave 15th prestige on Black Ops? If you want to see the progress of everything(there will be more), want to help out with the project, or get some hecking/programming skills just come around the mumble(mumble info here).

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Dammit, I'd actually like this game if we could play like that.

7s ragdoll

7s ragdoll

Contributor
Reaction score
They obviously didnt have enough people to stress test 64 player limits.

Top Bottom
Login
Register