• Thread starter MrDetermination
  • Start date
  • Views 259
M

MrDetermination

Reaction score
Sin$
I have:
  • 360 Falcon w/R-JTAG mod incl. 60GB stock HDD caddy, Freestyle dashboard and some homebrew roms and emulators on there. (shipped it off to have this done)
  • 160GB WD drive (not unboxed) and an eBay caddy (not put together yet)
  • A disc that came back with my modded xbox. It says "FSD & DL Installer" and "Nand, CPU, FW Backups"
Questions:
  1. Can I remove the 60GB drive from its housing and clone it over to the 160 with Acronis or some such and be done?
  2. Would I be better off putting the 160 in the Ebay housing and installing Freestyle from scratch?
  3. Anything you think I should read or vids I should watch to get going?
Basically I just want to upgrade the HD space and add some more emulators/old school roms I have laying around.

Thank you!

Blizzard7

Blizzard7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If the 60GB HDD is FAT32 formatted you could easily copy it over on a computer. Installing FSD from scratch is simple and shouldn't take too long. In my opinion it would be easier to install the latest version of freestyle and start fresh, but do what you want, since I dont know how many emulators or games you already have installed.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
As the poster above me said. Connect both disks to a pc or a 360 and transfer the files from one to the other. If you want to do an exact clone, there are a lot of programs that can clone an HDD, tell me if you need one.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Questions:
  1. Can I remove the 60GB drive from its housing and clone it over to the 160 with Acronis or some such and be done?
  2. Would I be better off putting the 160 in the Ebay housing and installing Freestyle from scratch?
  3. Anything you think I should read or vids I should watch to get going?
1. You could hook up both HDD's to a computer and use a program like Party Buffalo to transfer files from one to another.
2. I think the best idea would be to get a bigger HDD or at least use the 160GB as an internal for DLC, XBLA, and avatar items and then get a 1 or 2 TB external HDD for games and roms.

Watch all of the videos in this playlist in order . The videos are easy-to-follow tutorials which will teach you how to set up all of the proper software and homebrew that will you ever need:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Login
Register