• Start date
  • Views 1,451
I

I LoVe KaRMa

Reaction score
Sin$
Jtag instructions:

Hosting lobbies:

To host lobbies boot up your jtag. Make sure you are logged into an OFFLINE profile at this time. Go to the Game Library tab. You will see XeXmenu. Highlight Xexmenu and launch it by pressing A.

Xexmenu will launch and will default to the Games Discovery tab of Xexmenu. There should be an icon of Modern Warfare 2 displayed. Please note, at NO TIME are you to use this Icon to launch into MW2 for hosting purposes.

Now you will need to navigate away from the Games Discovery tab of Xexmenu. To do this, you can use either the LB or RB buttons. Hitting LB or RB buttons will allow you to navigate to different sources that is currently connected to the jtag console.

Devices that can be navigated are hdd , dvd , flash (at NO TIME should you be messing with files within this directory) , and usb. Usb can be usb0: usb1: . Where usb0: can be the flash drive and usb1: can be an external usb drive for additional game storage.

(Note on external usb drive used for game storage: The external usb drive must be formatted to FAT32. If you have a large drive 1tb to 2tb, look for an application called swissknife. It will allow you to format high capacity drives up to 2tb to FAT32. Any added games to the exteranal hard drive will have to go into its own folder and in a Games directory ie. usb1:/Games/Name of Game. You will have to create a different folder for each game. )

By using the LB or RB buttons, navigate to either usb0: or usb1: , you will know if you're in the correct directory if you see a folder named Games. Games is the folder you're looking for.

Using the dpad on the controller choose the Games folder and hit A to enter into the Games directory. In the Games directory you will see a folder named Modern Warfare 2. Press A to enter into the Modern Warfare 2 directory.

Now you will see the actual game files pertaining to Modern Warfare 2. Using Dpad scroll down and choose default_mp.xex . Launch the default_mp.xex by pressing A.

The multiplayer menu of Modern Warfare 2 should show up and present you with the options to have an Xbox Live game. If you are wanting to host a lobby at this time and your box is either unbanned or have been unbanned by way of new keyvault, you would press A on the

Xbox Live icon presented in MW2 multiplayer screen. Since all this time you are signed into an OFFLINE profile, a menu will pop up allowing you to choose a profile that is LIVE enabled. I suggest you create a new LIVE profile using either the free ones that any retail 360

will allow you. It will allow you up to 3 free 1 month LIVE profiles.

You are now signed into LIVE and are ready to host your lobby. Create a private match and invite your friends, helpers, and or paid list. Start the game. Once the game have started, you will need to press START on the controller and go into BUTTON LAYOUT.

You will need to switch your layout from DEFAULT to LEFTY then press B, and B again to back out into game screen. At this moment you will need to enable the mods to work in your lobby. To enable mods you will press UP on Dpad then RIGHT TRIGGER and then

DOWN on the Dpad.

You should see that the game have restarted itself, you will notice that the countdown timer have started again from 12. Your mods are now enabled. To regain functions of your controller you will have to enter back into BUTTON LAYOUT and switch your layout back to

DEFAULT. You will need to do this everytime you start a lobby.

Unbanning:

To unban you will need to flash the updflash.bin file that I will provide using Flash360.xex

Flash360.xex will be located on usb where the Games directory is also located. You will insert your usb to the computer and copy over the updflash.bin file that I will be providing. Copy it over and when it ask you to overwrite choose yes. Now boot up Jtag and boot up

Xexmenu. In Xexmenu use the LB or RB buttons to navigate to the correct device with the Games directory. You will see a green icon of Flash360.xex if you're in the correct directory. Highlight Flash360.xex and press A to launch.

You will be presented with Flash360 menu with blue background. The buttons sequence to flash and unban are as followed:

Press A

Press B

Press Start

Press Start

Press A - at this point you will see at the bottom of the screen the nand blocks being written to. Please wait until completion at block 3FF. You will be prompted to hit any button to continue.

Press A

Press Back

Press Back - at this time your console should display shutdown menu with auto counter starting at 5 and will count downwards. Upon reaching 0 on the countdown, the console will shut itself off. At NO TIME are you to disrupt the countdown process and also DO NOT

use the main Xbox guide button to exit out of flash360 program.

Turn the jtag back on. You will have to go through the process up setting up the console again. Please do so and when asked to choose a profile, remember to choose an OFFLINE profile at this time. You do not want to ever sign on to LIVE from the dashboard as it will

decrease the KV life time on LIVE. You would only want to sign into LIVE when you are ready to host and only by ways of using the default_mp.xex stated above.

HaVoC UnDeaD

HaVoC UnDeaD

Seasoned Member
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
why should this be stikied in the mw2 modding section when it doesnt have anything to do with mw2 modding

I

I LoVe KaRMa

Reaction score
Sin$
well the it explains how to get Mw2 to work but if some1 could delete the topic it would be nice i f***** up :frown:

killingdyl

killingdyl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This guy has 7 posts and he asked for a sticky? in the wrong section too...

M

MCMUFFIN619

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm, I have two questions...Is Jtagging worth it? and is it possible to have xexmenu without a jtag if so what will happen to your xbox?

Top Bottom
Login
Register