What's new

Discussion Banned information stored on Console or HDD?

G

GlLLA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, as the title suggests, I would like to know where the ban information is stored. I recently got banned from earning exp on let's say account A. I get the following two messages when logged in with this profile.

1) This account has been banned from earning exp for two weeks.
2) This xbox 360 console has been banned from earning exp for two weeks.

For accounts B & C I only get message #2.

I'm pretty sure that if I were to recover accounts B & C on a different console and HDD I would be able to earn exp, but what I really want to know is, if I take my HDD and plug it into another console, would accounts B & C still earn exp?

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
For the title question, the banned information is stored on their servers.

- If your account was banned, there's no way you'll be able to earn exp on that account for the duration of the ban.
- If your console was banned, simply relocating the hdd to another console and playing will still let you earn exp.

G

GlLLA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haxalot88 said:
For the title question, the banned information is stored on their servers.

- If your account was banned, there's no way you'll be able to earn exp on that account for the duration of the ban.
- If your console was banned, simply relocating the hdd to another console and playing will still let you earn exp.

I know I won't be able to earn exp on my banned account, but I was asking for my two other accounts. I guess the answer is that they should be able to earn exp on a different console with the same hard-drive.

Thanks for your reply.

M

Max2dapower

Reaction score
Sin$
While im here.

What woudl the penalty be if i was caught circle boosting lets say over 250+ exp on my MLG 50

G

GlLLA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Max2dapower said:
While im here.

What woudl the penalty be if i was caught circle boosting lets say over 250+ exp on my MLG 50

I'm not sure on this so hopefully someone with more knowledge can reply to your question. Mine was a first offense and I got a two week exp ban, but I was boosting exp in Griffball... not sure if the penalities are the same for different offenses.

U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With the console banning...

Have you tried taking out your Machine ID from your gamerprofile... if you open a film clip with a film editor (I know Vanity shows this) it displays your Machine ID which is different from your console ID and Profile ID - it's a bungie thing...but your Machine ID only shows in Vanity when you have your masterchief displayed for editing.

Copy the Values and search for them in your gamerprofile using hex values... then change them all to 00000's...

Im not saying this works - but something you could perhaps try?

C

C00LAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Max2dapower said:
While im here.

Any circle boosting thats in excess of i would say 50 games would make the bungie boosting detecter give you a close inspection.
my evidence is that i had been banned for boosting around 65 games and one year later i was banned for boosting 35. so i think they put you on a watchlist or something idk.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If you recover your gamertag that wasn't banned for boosting on another console then you can play on it. The info I believe is stored on the console seeing as how it says "This console has been banned from Matchmaking for two weeks" It doesn't say "This HDD has been banned from Matchmaking for two weeks". I also think this because Host bans are stored on the console and not the HDD.

M

Max2dapower

Reaction score
Sin$
Twisted, sorry to get slightly off topic but have you seen my thread about circle booting in mlg?

If so, my friend did that technique but everyone appeared offline and he boosted over 600exp in MLG and never got caught. Its been 2 months aswell.

Can you elaberate?

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Max2dapower said:
Twisted, sorry to get slightly off topic but have you seen my thread about circle booting in mlg?

If so, my friend did that technique but everyone appeared offline and he boosted over 600exp in MLG and never got caught. Its been 2 months aswell.

Can you elaberate?
Elaborate on what? There is nothing to elaborate on. They got away with it and my tutorial worked.

M

Max2dapower

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, So im guessing it works fulls top. There has to be hundreds off people who have tried that technique

Top Bottom
Login
Register