Banned from hosting within a day?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by bkaufs23, Feb 1, 2009 with 10 replies and 488 views.

1. bkaufs23

bkaufs23 Newbie

Ratings:
    I played about 20 Wingman games while bridging for host. I was using Teh_Phelix's tutorial. I only used stand by in about 5 of them. The next day, i go to host and now im never getting host for Wingman. I havent tried Elimination or any other game modes. I see it because i have my firewall on high then i press the poisoning button in Cain and Abel, wait 10 seconds, drop the firewall to medium and see everyone connecting and im full routing everyone except for 1 person im only half routing and that person is always host. I dont know why im not getting host anymore, I even tried to bridge on a new account and that didnt work either. Please help somebody. Thank you.

2. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Have you changed any of your comp settings or router settings since it was working? If it aint broke, don't fix it!

3. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    There is no such thing as host banning in Gears of War 2. From your situation you definitely changed something when you turned off your computer and turned it back on. Re-setup everything is my main suggestion, try powercycling your router, and then try refreshing your matchmaking (start searching in another gametype and then quit before you find a game then switch back to the old one). If that still doesn't work I would try a different gametype.

4. OP
    bkaufs23

bkaufs23 Newbie

Ratings:
    hmm, i well is there a way i can restore my computer back to when i was bridging? if so, how? and i did powercycle my router and nothing happened. I was playing some elimination after so that cant be it. It just seems like my bridge works when it wants too. Im not sure. But thanks alot for your help so far.

oh and heres the post i made in the Need Help Bridging thread

when everyone is full routing im host but that has only happened for me like 20 games straight then i went to bed and next day i woke up and theres always someone im half routing

5. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Did you re-setup your bridge? Also I don't really suggest restoring it back because it is probably just something with bridging against other people.

6. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I can't find matches at all, not in any gametype...

7. OP
    bkaufs23

bkaufs23 Newbie

Ratings:
    ight i reset the bridge i deleted everything then re downloaded and reset it up and its still giving me problems

i can find matches when im not bridging idk what you are talking about?

bridge isnt working in elimination either or public choice

8. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Bridging is really sporadic. Sometimes it's fantastic and you find games mad fast, but there are other days where you can go for hours and only get a game or 2

9. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Today was one of those days where it was impossible to find games...

10. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow Really Nubble? Since my laptop was taken away from me, I have to resort to using a lag switch to bridge and I have found games in 10 seconds after turning it to OFF or LOW like in ZoneAlarm, EVEN in wingman. I find games faster if I bridge with a lag switch then with ZoneAlarm+Cain on my laptop but the downside is I can freeze my teammates and crap with the lagswitch -.-

11. OP
    bkaufs23

bkaufs23 Newbie

Ratings:
    this is very very confusing