Banned For NO REASON!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by charliebe2, Jul 20, 2009 with 17 replies and 533 views.

1. charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey,

I have been playing social dlc with my friends for achievements. I left the match and got banned immediately. Both my account and console. The friends I was with wern't banned to the best of my knowledge. I can only assume that the Banhammer thought we were XP or skill boosting, or that my connection has unknowingly caused problems.

Is there any way to check which or appeal against the ban i dont deserve?

Thanks

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    They wouldn't dish out a console ban for a simple exp boost... No way. There was defiantly something else to it, either you did something that you defiantly weren't supposed to, or they flagged your account for something.

3. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    I wasn't even xp boosting! I was playing a social playlist that was filled with friends! I haven't done anything! Iv'e never boosted in my life. I only need one more achievement on the whole game and im banned. WTF!

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Have you done anything in the past that might cause them to watch your account? Any forms of cheating?

5. no limit legacy

no limit legacy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:

• Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
    • Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or Halo 3 software in any way.
    • Skill or XP Boosting, deleveling, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
    • Impersonating a Bungie employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
    The following things will not result in a visit from the banhammer:

• Lag (poor or intermittent network performance).
    • Occasional disconnects due to inconsistent network conditions.
    • Playing with the same group of friends over and over using the party system as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
    • Losing games over and over again as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
    • Winning games over and over again as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
    • Being polite, courteous and refraining from hate-speech and racial slurs.

6. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Does filling a social playlist with friends to get achievements count? AND ONLY ONE ACHIEVEMENT I HASTEN TO ADD! Its the first time i've ever done it. Everything else i did legit!

I already checked that list. I dont go into game chat so i havent annoyed anyone. I havent done anything wrong!

7. GreatRit

GreatRit Newbie

Ratings:
    Tell Microsoft this. Or DoS them. Either way is fine.

8. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Apologies for my noobiness but um DoS?

And I dont really want to involve Microsoft because they will probably pwn my ***.

9. TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you truly did nothing wrong then you would be on to M$/XBL support super quick to resolve your issue as it would be unfair and expensive.i think your full of crap and shouldnt cheat if you cant handle the ban.
    the only reason you can get a console ban if you never cheated is if you bought the console 2nd hand from someone who was about to get a ban and your just unlucky...but still you would call M$ as you paid for the account and xbox.<_<

10. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you for trusting in me :tongue:

But I kid you not, I did NOTHING to warrant a ban. As i explained, i was playing a social playlist, got save this film achievement, came to lobby and then..... BAN.

My console was brand new. I do not know how to manipulate networks not that I would if i could.

11. TheMagicNumber

Ratings:
    well crying on here wont help-whether we trust you or not-go call M$ and get it sorted.

12. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    I only posted this here to look for advice. You have given yours. Thank you. Good Bye.

13. xXTwisteDXx

xXTwisteDXx Enthusiast

Ratings:

ddos distributed denial of service used to attack someone to hit them offline

14. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have 1 question for you. Have you called XBL support yet? That is the only way you are going to get your console and account unbanned. If you have not already then that just proves you are not telling us the whole story and must have done something really bad.

15. TheMagicNumber

Ratings:
    I have 1 question for you. Have you called XBL support yet? That is the only way you are going to get your console and account unbanned. If you have not already then that just proves you are not telling us the whole story and must have done something really bad.

with replies like this:

no wonder he cant get his **** sorted.
    dude gtfo no one cares if youve been banned.

16. LuPo

LuPo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Woah woah woah! You said you Only had 'One achievement left to get" Well its not possible to get all achievements yet to my understanding legitimately did you hex them they could have flagged you for that

17. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    guys get off his case he's a new member with a question. I'm sure something is up, m$ will tell you why you were banned if/when you call. From there, argue.

18. OP
    charliebe2

charliebe2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Out of the ones that you can get now lol. My mistake for putting that. Check gamerscore to confirm :thumbup:

Ok I called MS and they just kept giving me a link to an account suspension forum.

1. The link doesnt work. http://forum.xbox.com/1386/showforum.aspx

2. I wasn't banned by Microsoft, I was banned by Bungie, so I doubt that the forum will help.

Called again and they kept repeating that i should contact bungie, but bungie have no communication service over bans. Called again and they were talking about the rep system, and my rep being under 50 % (oops <_<). I thought that if your rep got bad enough, they banned you completely from Xbox Live, not just one game.

ANOTHER EDIT :biggrin:
    I have been messaging Shiska over at Bungie.net, and he sent me infomation which supposedly shows I was boosting with people who i dont know. I could understand if it was for the one i filled with friends, but from what he sent I was banned for playing in Rumble Pit with people who i didnt know, but they had guests who wernt playing. I can see how that would be interpreted as boosting, but i'm pretty sure they wont overturn the ban.