Not open for further replies.
halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
ok....seeing all these threads and posts saying

"i got banned last night does that mean my hdd wont work anymore?"
"will i be banned if i use my hdd from my banned console and use it on an unbanned console will that console get banned?"

etc

ok now i posted this in another thread and HOPEFULLY this will explain it all....

halolordkiller3 said:
ok there is a difference between profile and console banned/suspension along with hdd and mu's which really dont matter. anyways

Console bans/suspensions just means ONLY your console cant connect to the xbl servers

Profile bans/suspensions just means ONLY the account cant connect to xbl

now the bs they say at tech support saying if u get banned u cant use the hdd or mu on another console or if u do that console gets banned is a load of bull**** caz thats not wat the banning does.....

and yes there are idiots who work for ms who say that i have been told that for some random reason even though i didnt even ask for that....my friends have gotten that crap to so no thats false if u hear that

now hopefully this clears things up! no more threads about it plz!

M

Mantis Assassin

Reaction score
Sin$
So if I play backups on my modded 360 with my live account and then play on live with my unmodded 360, would I be safe? I want to know because I'm close to beating Prototype and Transformers :thumbup:

xRiddik

xRiddik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mantis Assassin said:
So if I play backups on my modded 360 with my live account and then play on live with my unmodded 360, would I be safe? I want to know because I'm close to beating Prototype and Transformers :thumbup:
Banned modded 360? If that's the case surely your profile would become corrupted during the console swap..

M

Mantis Assassin

Reaction score
Sin$
xRiddik said:
Banned modded 360? If that's the case surely your profile would become corrupted during the console swap..

I haven't gone on live with my modded Xbox 360 and I don't plan on doing so.

iTz MiKe

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xRiddik said:

If it does just delete the profile and recover it back.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
iTz MiKe said:
If it does just delete the profile and recover it back.
it doesnt delete the profile. it puts a line of code in it saying that live enabled 360's shouldn't allow you to sign in using them. (and they show up as corrupt in data manager)

Its very easy to null out that line and resign your profile.

X

Complex360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Each 360 has a keyvault, it uses this to create your files(profile, saves etc).
When the 360 gets banned, the Keyvault is blacklisted, basically this means that it won't build the files correctly.
The second you get the console ban message your keyvault gets blacklisted. Then if you save a file on that console it'll be corrupted as they have blacklisted the key vault, pretty much rendering it useless.

If anyone remembers when NXE first came out and they started banning keyvaults which were used by mod tools, anything signed with that KV became corrupt, this is pretty much what is happening here.

The way to sort this is to:
1) Not save.
2) If you have, when on new console delete then recover.

I didn't save when I saw the message and popped the HDD on my new 360 and it was fine.

halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Tissues said:
The way to sort this is to:
1) Not save.
2) If you have, when on new console delete then recover.

I didn't save when I saw the message and popped the HDD on my new 360 and it was fine.
or simply resign it to the new console? lol

L

Lilly N Crackers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was reading through this(bless my little heart) and I got a bit confused. How do I get my profile to not show up corrupt on a non-modded/non-banned Xbox? Do I resign it to the other Xbox? And if so how do I do that?(don't yell at me)

B

benma09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i accidentally pressed the delete button on my profile with all game saves option then i went and signed into live and i was banned.
so now i have lost my profile and im banned

halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Lilly N Crackers said:
I was reading through this(bless my little heart) and I got a bit confused. How do I get my profile to not show up corrupt on a non-modded/non-banned Xbox? Do I resign it to the other Xbox? And if so how do I do that?(don't yell at me)
either one recover it or simply resign it to the new DEVICE id's, but jester said that didnt work, but idk it did for me. jester idk honestly y it did for me beats me. it was a modern warfare 2 save so idk lol it was mine originally too.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Either
1. Take the harddrive as soon as your 360 is banned and do not put it back on.
2. If you already played again with your harddrive. Then you will need to resign the files to the new 360.

L

Lilly N Crackers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Either
1. Take the harddrive as soon as your 360 is banned and do not put it back on.
2. If you already played again with your harddrive. Then you will need to resign the files to the new 360.
How do I resign the files to the new 360?

L

Lilly N Crackers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Transfer kit and a resigner.

*SIGH* I know that I am not retarded(but maybe I come off THAT retarded) just how do I obtain the console ID(wheres it located?) and do I resign the profile to the Xbox or the Xbox to the profile?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Make a dummy profile on your new console.

Extract it with the transfer kit. Then load it in the resigner and save ID set. Then open the old profiles and such and click load ID set and save.

L

Lilly N Crackers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Make a dummy profile on your new console.

Extract it with the transfer kit. Then load it in the resigner and save ID set. Then open the old profiles and such and click load ID set and save.

Thank you for being patient with me and for the info! I stole IQ's from you now!

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Tissues said:
Or recover, which is quicker lol
Depending on how big the profile is. Resigning can be a lot quicker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register