• Thread starter bungi
  • Start date
  • Views 2,975
B

bungi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey my friend got the e73 with 1 red ring and so he told me to fix it he found a tut saying that he could use the baker baker method to fix it. So i was interested by it and asked some1 and they said not to do it and i haven't really be able to find much more info about it besdies it possibly invloving heating ur 360 by oven. Anyways i want to help my friend out so, what is the baker baker method, how do you do it, will it work, and if not what is the best way to fix the e73 error besides selling it (not a temp fix)
Ok well if you guys can answer some of my question that will be great, thanks:thumbup:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue what the "baker baker method" is. But you can reflow the motherboard with a heatgun(there are many youtube vids on this.). Or if you really wanted to yes you could put it in a oven. I wouldn't say it is too safe to put it in the oven though.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's basically what you said. Throwing the 360 in a oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I've tried it and I don't suggest it, it will make the oven smell like **** and it won't work. If xclamp and reflow don't work I guess it's ok to try as a last resort lol.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I had to keep a close eye on it but it really didn't warp anything, some of the capacitors came out all bulged though. I've never successfully repaired e73 and haven't seen any methods of fixing it. There so many issues that could be causing it. Your best bet is to send it into Microsoft or just cut your loses and sell.

B

bungi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wait but thats the differance between the baker baker method and reflowing it with an oven?

also i found that the e73 error is a problem with the ethernet port, so with all these methods your tryign to fix the connection right? so would replacing the ethernet port fix it then?

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Reflowing with a heat gun or solder unit is more localized. When you stick it in the oven it heats everything, things that shouldn't be heated like capacitors.

Even though it says the error is with the Ethernet, it probably won't fix it. When I was trying to fix e73 i replaced the port and still got the error. I really just think e73 is unfixable unless you get lucky.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oven

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNxKwEQA18]YouTube - Xbox 360 ROD FIX: How to Reflow your Xbox in the Oven[/ame]

Heat gun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Eyz0sOKR4&feature=PlayList&p=EA72CB160D340C03&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13]YouTube - Fix Xbox 360 Permanently with a Heat Gun ( Three Red Ring of Death Fix)[/ame]

Top Bottom
Login
Register