Tutorial Bad SMC Flash Recovery for RGH Slims

• Thread starter Chips 98
  • Start date
  • Views 5,284
C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
I'm making this tutorial for those who flashed there nand with SMC issues or people who have crossed flash their consoles and now have a console that won't boot at all and won't be detected with LPT or Nand-x

Difficulty: 8/10
Things needed:
1: experience with soldering
2: the console motherboard out of the shell
3: Nand-x or LPT cable to dump nand
4: Original/latest working nand
5: J-runner or Nandpro

First you want to have the xbox unplugged, with it unplugged you want to bridge 4 certain areas together.
For the Trinity mobo bridge the i/O4, i/O5, i/O6, i/O7 together (FT1T5,FT1T6,FT1T7,FT1T8)

For the Corona mobo bridge D4,D5,D6,D7 (FT2T8,FT2T10,FT2T11,FT2T12)

Once those four points are bridged, connect your LPT/Nand-x. You can now plug the in the power but DON'T power the console.

Now that the PSU is in you can now remove the bridge you made with the four points and make sure not to bridge anything else :wink:

Reason for the bridge is to force the nand in SPI boot mode allowing commands to it.

Now that the four points are not bridge anymore connect the LPT/Nand-x to the computer.
For Nandpro use this command "nandpro lpt: -e16 0 3ff"
For J-runner go to the "Advance" tab then select "Custom Nand/CR functions" and in the new window select "Erase" for Command, "16" for Size, and 0 for "starting block" and 3ff for "Length" then click run it should erase the previous flash with the bad SMC.
After that is complete you can flash your original nand, or your latest working nand if you dump your nand before you flash a new one like me.

This tut was already made by mastag21 but showed only the Phat mobo. You can view his tut here. All credit goes to mastag21 for this. I take credit for showing how to do it on the slim consoles

Hope this helps you with non booting/ RGH slims and no flash detect errors.

X

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
There is something way better than this well i would not say better but its easy to do

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
X

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
this tut is in my post and is based off it :smile: I also tried to do fix 1 but didn't work for me no matted how many tires I did and this tut only show the phat consoles and not on the slims. Mine was just to show how to do his method 2 on the slims if ever anyone flashed in-properly and the console isn't recognized on J-runner or Nandpro.
That TUT i linked you to is for both slim and phat Fix 2 is easy all you got to do is bridge 4 pins on the nand and it would go to stupid mode so you can write the nand

I flashed a Zephyr Nand to my slim and all it did was make sounds no power i did both fixes and both work fine!

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
That TUT i linked you to is for both slim and phat Fix 2 is easy all you got to do is bridge 4 pins on the nand and it would go to stupid mode so you can write the nand

I flashed a Zephyr Nand to my slim and all it did was make sounds no power i did both fixes and both work fine!
the point of this tut was just to show alternate points to solder other than the chips pins itself. fix one of that tut you and i linked did not work for me. i have tried it about 50 times before i tried the fix 2 and even then i have to find points that were easier to reach than just on the chip prongs themselves.

G

gammmmes

Reaction score
step one worked for me first time.
i changed "nandpro lpt: -e16 0 3ff"
to "nandpro usb: -e16 0 3ff"
because im using the nandx
i also distinctly pushed in the power as i was hitting enter to execute the command. it was alot easier with the slim then phat consoles.. i had one thumb on the power connector that goes in the back of the console and one finger on enter.. figuring usb is quicker and the console needs time to have the power run threw it i pushed the power plug in as i was hitting enter... and bam it worked... thanks alot for posting both methods..

ive done it the second method on phat consoles before.. i used really thin wire and connected the points making the wire look like 4 n's going straight up off the board.. then used a micro meter to see if anything was bridged plugging everything in i then cut each wire instead of desoldering them.. didn't like the idea i could wreck everything with a twitch of the wrist.... worked perfect every time...

M

mikeypx82

Reaction score
Can you upload another pic of the Corona Mobo bridge pic?

W

watkins1986

Reaction score
Picture is not there of diagram anymore I think I need to bridge my nand on my trinity, xell won't boot and jrunner gives 0x00000 error

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Picture is not there of diagram anymore I think I need to bridge my nand on my trinity, xell won't boot and jrunner gives 0x00000 error
all you need to do is find the nand of the mother board type you have and follow the pic in the link i have in my tut there is a picture showing the I/04-I/07 you need to bridge. i cant seem to find pic with alternate points for em :confused: sorry.

Top Bottom