• Views 2,118
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Who is this

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
"A Microsoft representative has contacted Joystiq to inform us that the public availability of the Gears 2 Gold Lancer was made in error. Yesterday we reported that the exclusive Collector's Edition weapon had appeared on the Xbox.com Marketplace for all to wield.

According to the rep, everyone that obtained the Gold Lancer from the Xbox.com Marketplace will have the item removed from their games in an upcoming fix, in order to keep the weapon exclusive to Gears 2 Collector's Edition consumers. "We're currently attempting a fix that will expire all codes that were unexpectedly released in error through Xbox LIVE Marketplace," the Microsoft rep told us.

How Microsoft will remove (or possibly disable) the art asset file and differentiate between legitimate owners and those of us who scooped up our guns form the heap that fell off the back of the truck is not clear. A request for clarification on how or when the fix would be implemented has gone unanswered, and we'll update you as soon as we know more."

Found here.

Tricked

Tricked

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
why is it a collectors item just release it we all want it and the hammerbrust to god damn screw epic games the make the gayest games ever there matchmaking system blows id rather play halo then gears 1 or 2 and once you get all the achievements the game is pointless and you know nothing just accidentally gets put on the marketplace come on now we not all stupid somebody had to put it there

S

Silver Bruh

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Chill out man. I think they took it back off, because many people bought the Collectors Edition of Geard of War 2 for the golden lancer. Making it free for the public wouldn't be fair in my opinion.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
We pay for the games to. So give us the full ****ing content! Or wait 6 months and release it like they used to do on the first xbox.

W

WonderKICKS

Reaction score
Sin$
i would feel screwed over if i found out that i bought the collectors edition for no reason

W

Who is this

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They caked around 10 bucks on it for LE purchasers. And back then Gears of War 2 was selling out like crazy in November. Why can't they just put it up for the same price? 800 MS?

The people wouldn't get the LE Bonus Disc. All they'd have is the Golden Lancer.

Oh and what do you think would happen if you purchased it and had it in your Download Q but never signed onto your profile until after they did the fix? Do you think it'd still be there and then after that day you could just sign onto your profile and it'd download onto your Xbox 360?

Tricked

Tricked

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
like they should put at a cost not for free

SurF

SurF

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
There should be a golden Gnasher Shotgun.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
PHILLYBOY09 said:
why is it a collectors item just release it we all want it and the hammerbrust to god damn screw epic games the make the gayest games ever there matchmaking system blows id rather play halo then gears 1 or 2 and once you get all the achievements the game is pointless and you know nothing just accidentally gets put on the marketplace come on now we not all stupid somebody had to put it there

It's a collectors item because it was out for a limited time to a limited amount of people. That is the whole point of the collectors item for any game. If you are complaining about it being such a crappy game then why are you complaining about not getting additional content in said crappy game?

combatburt said:
We pay for the games to. So give us the full ****ing content! Or wait 6 months and release it like they used to do on the first xbox.

You paid for the game, you did not pay for the extended content. Thus you do not get it. Had you paid for the extended content I am betting you would not be complaining right now.

I honestly couldn't give two craps, release it or don't release it. It's just a pretty gun in a war type game. It's crap and if you need something pretty to make you look cooler or be better at a video game then you need to go outside and play some basketball or something.

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, I got the Golden Lancer this way, and I still have it, I wonder when it is going to go away...

G

Galadhrim56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i got the lancer that way but i still have my code intact

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
TehPhelix said:
It's a collectors item because it was out for a limited time to a limited amount of people. That is the whole point of the collectors item for any game. If you are complaining about it being such a crappy game then why are you complaining about not getting additional content in said crappy game?

You paid for the game, you did not pay for the extended content. Thus you do not get it. Had you paid for the extended content I am betting you would not be complaining right now.

I honestly couldn't give two craps, release it or don't release it. It's just a pretty gun in a war type game. It's crap and if you need something pretty to make you look cooler or be better at a video game then you need to go outside and play some basketball or something.

I paid for the game, I should get the same content. If I can see someone else has it in game then I should have it to. FYI I got the LE edition and have all the extras, I just think its should be free.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
combatburt said:
I paid for the game, I should get the same content. If I can see someone else has it in game then I should have it to. FYI I got the LE edition and have all the extras, I just think its should be free.

No, if you buy the normal edition, you are simply paying for the game, not the game content. That is what the extra 10 or 20 bucks is for, the game content and such. If you think, because someone bought just the game and get the same privileges someone paid an extra 20 bucks to get then there would be no need for a limited edition. But there is and it will most likely stay that way unless they decide to put it on the marketplace which I highly doubt. If you think that just because someone spent 10 bucks less and should get the same thing is politically correct you are wrong. If so you can make the same argument that all of the downloadable content needs to be free since someone bought it and you saw him with it that means you should get it.

W

Who is this

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why shouldn't they put it on the marketplace?

For all those who paid for the game, they would've already put in 60 bucks to purchase the normal edition. And if they set it up for say 10 to 20 bucks, it'd be just as much as what the people with LE paid without including the Limited Edition Bonus Disc. It'd be even among those who bought the game and those who just simply wanted the lancer because they'd be getting charged the same price. People could just simply buy the LE if they don't want to feel like they're wasting their money just paying for a gold plated lancer.

Some people don't want to have to wait for the mail to come with their Limited Edition and the normal edition is more so likely to be stocked on shelves. And the golden lancer is more convenient to have it on the marketplace available for download.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
combatburt said:
No. They are selling the game itself for one price. THEN they decided that they would go out of their own way to create additional content that people can pay a little extra for. Just because you bought the original item doesn't mean that you should have rights to the features that they added in for people who bought the additional content. Would you be satisfied if people had to download the entire golden lancer filepack, and force the gun information to be sent to people who don't have the pack? Because by that logic, it was never included with the original game, and therefore you can't ***** if people have it when you do not.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Who is this said:
Why shouldn't they put it on the marketplace?

For all those who paid for the game, they would've already put in 60 bucks to purchase the normal edition. And if they set it up for say 10 to 20 bucks, it'd be just as much as what the people with LE paid without including the Limited Edition Bonus Disc. It'd be even among those who bought the game and those who just simply wanted the lancer because they'd be getting charged the same price. People could just simply buy the LE if they don't want to feel like they're wasting their money just paying for a gold plated lancer.

Some people don't want to have to wait for the mail to come with their Limited Edition and the normal edition is more so likely to be stocked on shelves. And the golden lancer is more convenient to have it on the marketplace available for download.

I agree with that, however it is up to EPIC themselves. I think they thought of the whole limited edition idea as a one chance thing where you had to get it at that time or you would be s.o.l. but that might change. It is up to them and they are the only ones who can change that. You have to take into effect though that the might have wanted it to be a limited item which it why it is called the limited edition.

W

Who is this

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm thinking they'd make more money if they just charged people 1600 MS on the marketplace since people are buying Microsoft Points all the time. And if people really wanted it that bad, they'd go to a game store to purchase point cards and pay for it. Or they'd just go ahead and charge their credit card.

Maybe they want to stick to their guns because it's an exclusive item, but if Microsoft/Epic were money grubbing whores like I thought they were, they'd get in on this. And if you think about it, there are more people buying the normal edition than the LE. Why? It's cheaper. And if those who thought they were getting their gaming goodness from just the normal edition felt inadequate without their digitally colored golden lancer, let them have it. They'd be paying for it. If people want the bonus content AND the golden lancer, they could purchase the LE.

People want the golden lancer. They're always asking for codes because they don't have another way of getting it since they're not willing to pay another 70 bucks for a game they already have plus the golden lancer. And also the people who aren't interested in getting onto E-bay and have to wait for their golden lancer/golden hammerburst code to be shipped to them. Anybody can go to a store and buy some points. All you'd have to do is redeem the code and use your Microsoft play money to download the item off the marketplace.

H

Holy Ownage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I still have no flashback map pack. >_<

W

Who is this

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. I went to my purchase history and put it in my download queue. But hopefully I'll find a way to try and stay off my tag for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register