What's new

Solved Bad flash?Still boot into xell?No problem!

• Thread starter Monster1
  • Start date
  • Views 5,680
M

Monster1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,i've seen lots of threads here and various places where people have a bad nand flash,can still boot into xell and get Christmas lights and have no idea how to fix it(either they didn't jtag themselves lost there LPT cable..etc)or just need a easier way to recover from a bad flash,Well here i have a solution.All you need is one usb,one nand backup from before the bad flash,That's it.

First what you have to do is put your nand backup onto the USB root.The backup should be named "updflash.bin" without the quotation marks.

Then plug it into the 360 and press the eject button.Xell will do everything else!Once xell finishes it's magic it tells you to do a power cycle(just unplug all the cords from it including HDD)Wait about 2-5 minutes and turn the sucker back on and it will work like nothing happened!

There have been some problems with it for me such as the jtag wouldn't detect the USB,a simple power cycle fixed this for me.

Yeah that's it hopefully a simpler solution for more advanced modders(who can just reflash it with a lpt cable no problem) and a fix for those noobies like me who had a bad flash and were going to pay 50$ for someone to fix it,XD.So enjoy.

(please note I've never seen this method actually posted i've always seen you have to reflash with a LPT and just hope to save someone someones headache and money if they don't have the means to reflash by hand)

Edit:This WILL NOT work from a internal harddrive i have tried it,have no idea about external.

H

HORNET

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks - Sounds easy.
Hopefully I'll never have to actually do it, but good to know there is hope it it does occur :smile:

E

Evolved

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Already posted buddy! http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/214407-step-by-step-how-to-reflash-your-jtag-console-using-xellous-fix-controller-sync-problems/

M

Mesmaroth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,i've seen lots of threads here and various places where people have a bad nand flash,can still boot into xell and get Christmas lights and have no idea how to fix it(either they didn't jtag themselves lost there LPT cable..etc)or just need a easier way to recover from a bad flash,Well here i have a solution.All you need is one usb,one nand backup from before the bad flash,That's it.

First what you have to do is put your nand backup onto the USB root.The backup should be named "updflash.bin" without the quotation marks.

Then plug it into the 360 and press the eject button.Xell will do everything else!Once xell finishes it's magic it tells you to do a power cycle(just unplug all the cords from it including HDD)Wait about 2-5 minutes and turn the sucker back on and it will work like nothing happened!

There have been some problems with it for me such as the jtag wouldn't detect the USB,a simple power cycle fixed this for me.

Yeah that's it hopefully a simpler solution for more advanced modders(who can just reflash it with a lpt cable no problem) and a fix for those noobies like me who had a bad flash and were going to pay 50$ for someone to fix it,XD.So enjoy.

(please note I've never seen this method actually posted i've always seen you have to reflash with a LPT and just hope to save someone someones headache and money if they don't have the means to reflash by hand)

Edit:This WILL NOT work from a internal harddrive i have tried it,have no idea about external.
Hey i have the same problem except i got the RROD when i flashed it and it wont boot xell because it doesnt have it what shall i do please help!!!!!

M

Marley1

Reaction score
Hey i had a bad flash but when i tried using a usb xell just skipped over it. i solved this but putting the updflash.bin file on a blank CD-ROM and putting that in my jtag and it flashed fine so just in case someone else is suffering from the same thing try this :biggrin:

Top Bottom