What's new

Solved Backwards Compatibility freeze on startup *FIX*

E

EXTIINCT SE7EN

Mii... Nipaaaah~!
Reaction score
Thought I'd put this up here so anyone who has this same issue won't have to waste time.

Had an issue with Xbox Original games not launching properly and just black screening on startup. Looked around and saw that I might need to redo the compatibility files and such. Tried it and nothing. Saw it might be my plugins. Thought maybe since I did recently change my plugin 3. Cleared it, restarted and nothing. The last thing I saw was an issue with the 2007 compatibility files not working while running through HDMI or something along those lines.

Now my TV overscans and there really isn't much I can do about it. Thought putting it on 1024x768 may fix that overscan and it did! That right there is the issue that I was facing. All versions of the compatibility files do not support such a resolution. So here's a tip to save a lot of time for the 3 people that may end up with the same issue. Change your resolution back to the regular 1080, 720 etc. supported resolutions and avoid looking like a clown like myself ??

A

Atlas

Local Rivethead
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Thought I'd put this up here so anyone who has this same issue won't have to waste time.

Had an issue with Xbox Original games not launching properly and just black screening on startup. Looked around and saw that I might need to redo the compatibility files and such. Tried it and nothing. Saw it might be my plugins. Thought maybe since I did recently change my plugin 3. Cleared it, restarted and nothing. The last thing I saw was an issue with the 2007 compatibility files not working while running through HDMI or something along those lines.

Now my TV overscans and there really isn't much I can do about it. Thought putting it on 1024x768 may fix that overscan and it did! That right there is the issue that I was facing. All versions of the compatibility files do not support such a resolution. So here's a tip to save a lot of time for the 3 people that may end up with the same issue. Change your resolution back to the regular 1080, 720 etc. supported resolutions and avoid looking like a clown like myself ??
Very good to know. Seen lots of people have trouble with files for what seemed to be no reason at all. This may have been some of their issues.

Top Bottom