What's new

Solved Backup Games via USB TO PC

• Thread starter Warkey
  • Start date
  • Views 264
W

Warkey

Reaction score
So, My brother just got a 360 from a friend with loads of games. It does not have a HDD however, so we are forced to use a 7gig USB Flash drive.

Currently, the Flash Drive holds Fable 3. However, I want to play AC: Black Flag. Is it possible to move my Fable 3 to my PC, install Black Flag to the USB, and switch them when I want to play them?

In my mind it looks like this:

Put Fable 3 on PC and empty Flash Drive
Install Black Flag onto Flash Drive
Move Black Flag to PC and put Fable back, and vice versa.

Is this possible? If so, how?

(My apoligies if this has been answered before)

S

Slim Shady

Live In Your World M0D IN OURS
Retired
Reaction score
i may be wrong but i think you can only move your save games to pc.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
So, My brother just got a 360 from a friend with loads of games. It does not have a HDD however, so we are forced to use a 7gig USB Flash drive.

Currently, the Flash Drive holds Fable 3. However, I want to play AC: Black Flag. Is it possible to move my Fable 3 to my PC, install Black Flag to the USB, and switch them when I want to play them?

In my mind it looks like this:

Put Fable 3 on PC and empty Flash Drive
Install Black Flag onto Flash Drive
Move Black Flag to PC and put Fable back, and vice versa.

Is this possible? If so, how?

(My apoligies if this has been answered before)
It's completely possible.
Just use almost any X360 package manager for PC (that's capable of reading from USB drives), like Horizon, to move both games from your stick to your PC, and put one of the games on the stick. Play the game, then when you want to switch, delete it from your stick, and put the other game onto the stick.

W

Warkey

Reaction score
It's completely possible.
Just use almost any X360 package manager for PC (that's capable of reading from USB drives), like Horizon, to move both games from your stick to your PC, and put one of the games on the stick. Play the game, then when you want to switch, delete it from your stick, and put the other game onto the stick.
Thanks! Gonna try it later.

EDIT:

I just had another idea too. I have a Voyager Pro tablet with a 32gb SD card in it. Is it possible to use the SD card while in the tablet, connect it to the 360 and install games and dlc to it? Thanks again!

EDIT2: Just tried Horizon, and it gave me Object refernece not set to an instance of an object. Oh well.

Last edited:
S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
EDIT2: Just tried Horizon, and it gave me Object refernece not set to an instance of an object. Oh well.
Redownload horizon.
Either that, or your drive isn't formatted to Fat32.
Or, just use a different package manager.

W

Warkey

Reaction score
Redownload horizon.
Either that, or your drive isn't formatted to Fat32.
Or, just use a different package manager.

My device is Fat32, redownloaded Horizon, no joy. The only package manager I found that even sees my drive is "360 Content manager" and even then, I have zero clue how to extract the game, there is no option for it and if I press "View in file explorer" it just opens the folder with a 40kb file and folder with all the .dat in it.

Also, Horizon extracts everything but Fable 3 just fine. It extracted the TU for AC3 and my saves without error. No clue whats up with that.

It may just be my device. Ill just wait till next month to get a HDD. Thanks for your help Snowy.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT!

1. Use Horizon to determine title ID of game.
2. Use Windows file explorer to find Title ID in flash drive (for me it was F:Content/Bunchof00000/TitleID
3. Copy folder from drive to backup folder on PC
4????
5. PROFIT!

Again, thanks Snowy for helping me. Kinda feel like an idiot cuz it was so simply after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom