1. Data Breach Warning!

In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!

You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!

Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
    Dismiss Notice

backing up a movie

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Blu3 1ightning, Feb 6, 2010 with 3 replies and 113 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blu3 1ightning

Blu3 1ightning Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok so it has been a while since i have backed up a movie so i pretty much forgot how i used to do it so i need help. ok i have dvd shrink and i opened the video and compressed it down to 4.35gb and i saved it to an .iso and also i saved it as a bunch of video ts files. i burned the .iso as a dvd rom and it didnt work so i tryed burning the ts files as dvd rom and that didnt work either so what am i doing wrong. i have imgburn and nero ultimate or what ever its called. also when i used to do it i remember using dvd flick after dvd shrink, i think it would encode it is why i did that but im not exactly sure and now i cant get it to open the .iso or ts files so please help

2. Soviet Pro

Soviet Pro Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Right, as I understand - you need to rip a DVD movie from your DVD to you PC. :rolleyes:

I can't link you to a Warez forum for obvious reasons - but I've attached the saved page that contains a massive and detailed tutorial on how to get a movie out a DVD, convert it to .avi and sizing it down.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

3. 19XX

19XX Member

Ratings:
    Easiest way is to download a program called "Magic DVDRipper" Then pop in your DVD and select the options you want (very easy) and save it to your PC.

EDIT: Did I misunderstand your problem?

4. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would suggest iso buster(its free now!) if you're wanting to back up a dvd at full quality, but if you're wanting to save a dual layer dvd onto a dvd+r or something, I have used these programs with success:

Warning: the links to the programs I have provided I have not scanned with any anti-malware solutions.

DVD Shrink(free): my #1 go-to dvd backup program, although it cannot backup some protected DVDs.

Code:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/DVD-Shrink.shtml
    DVD Decrypter(free): also a good dvd backup program, I don't remember if I had any dvds i couldn't backup, but I know the last one will.

Code:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/
    DVDFab Decrypter/DVDFab HD Decrypter(free and paid versions): this program does IT ALL, I mean almost everything you would ever want to do with any dvd. the version that I last used decrypted The Dark Knight, the most encrypted dvd I've ever seen.

Code:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm