AVI to WMV/Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xl All Pro lx, Dec 5, 2008 with 6 replies and 330 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    I need a good program that has good quality and pretty fast that can convert movies from avi format to WMV or a format that will play on my xbox 360. I am putting these on a flash drive then plugging in to my 360. Some avis used to work but after the update they dont, it says i need a media update i download it and try again then says i need another media update

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I would use vegas takes a while but quality is flawless. Just a side note avis work on my 360 with the media update

3. OP
    xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    well they dont work on mine for some reason. what other media is supported on the 360?

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If you burn it it will play. The only one i know of is wmv.

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You can download and install Transcode360 and it will stream from your PC on the fly...Google it

6. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Not sure about quality, but this is freeware.

[Click here to view the link]

It converts a hell'of'a'lot of stuff.
    Its what I would primarily use anyway if I didn't have access to any proper movie editing suites.

7. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    i use total video converter (TVC) , the quality is perfect and its reasonably fast and not only does it convert any video format to any other video format it also converts music and images too but its not freeware but you should google it :wink:. also the 360 supports WMV , AVI , and MP4.

hope that helps :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.