AVG Stuff

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
EotM FotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yo I've had this problem for a while and haven't been bothered by it much but I do really want to get rid of it. Back in the days I installed AVG when it was good and as we all know it's gone to sh*t, I've uninstalled it all completely from my PC and removed all of the browser extentsions, but when using a web browser an AVG search engine webpage shows up when I open a new tab. I've googled this and tried to find solutions to get rid of it e.g. check your extensions/add-on, AVG remover, but none have worked. Someone plz help, thanks.

ad14cb832aa8b36b84187fda97190506.png

Also yes I am aware of the hyperlink at the top left, it leads you to a webpage where you can untick a box to say you don't want this to open when you open a new tab, and that it will reset once you restart your browser. It doesn't work.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Try to change your homepage in your browser settings and see if that works?

Space

Space

PlayStation 4 ✔
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to control panel > uninstall programs and find programs that you don't recognize or they have no publisher details.

Also is this a cracked AVG Version?

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to control panel > uninstall programs and find programs that you don't recognize or they have no publisher details.

Also is this a cracked AVG Version?
Nothing, also no.
Try reinstalling your browser.
Done that before and nope. 
Also note that it opened the webpage when I logged in using my Google user on another PC, yet I have no exentions related.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing, also no.

Done that before and nope. 
Also note that it opened the webpage when I logged in using my Google user on another PC, yet I have no exentions related.
Did you check your plug-ins?

Edit: Go into Google Chrome's settings and check your Search Engine setting.

Last edited:
ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yo I've had this problem for a while and haven't been bothered by it much but I do really want to get rid of it. Back in the days I installed AVG when it was good and as we all know it's gone to sh*t, I've uninstalled it all completely from my PC and removed all of the browser extentsions, but when using a web browser an AVG search engine webpage shows up when I open a new tab. I've googled this and tried to find solutions to get rid of it e.g. check your extensions/add-on, AVG remover, but none have worked. Someone plz help, thanks.

ad14cb832aa8b36b84187fda97190506.png

Also yes I am aware of the hyperlink at the top left, it leads you to a webpage where you can untick a box to say you don't want this to open when you open a new tab, and that it will reset once you restart your browser. It doesn't work.
Right click the address bar, edit search engine, set Google to default.. or whichever one you want.

If that doesn't fix it, follow these five steps. It seems to be avg malware.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/avg-secure-search-virus-removal/

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this http://www.glarysoft.com/absolute-uninstaller/

Is there an AVG extension on your browser?
Right click the address bar, edit search engine, set Google to default.. or whichever one you want.

If that doesn't fix it, follow these five steps. It seems to be avg malware.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/avg-secure-search-virus-removal/
No luck.
Did you check your plug-ins?

Edit: Go into Google Chrome's settings and check your Search Engine setting.
Tried that ages ago.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No luck.

Tried that ages ago.
"
How to stop AVG Secure Search in Firefox..

Besides all the standard attempts that people try, Try this.

Delete (or just store in another location ) a file called avgMozXPCOM.js . It is located in the Mozilla FireFox directory.

Here is the path on my system. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\components
"

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
"
How to stop AVG Secure Search in Firefox..

Besides all the standard attempts that people try, Try this.

Delete (or just store in another location ) a file called avgMozXPCOM.js . It is located in the Mozilla FireFox directory.

Here is the path on my system. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\components
"
I wish I could set a reminder to do this in the morning.

Top Bottom
Login
Register