What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Avatar update using Xexmenu 1.1 without internet, safe to use MS provided update?

M

Milo999

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I've been searching, scrolling and reading for the last 2 hours, and as far as I know this thread mentions what I need to do: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ont-install-on-rgh-360.1670894/#post-13246024
i.e. get the update, rename with 2 $$ and install it using Xexmenu.

But I just wanted to confirm! Cause there's a lot of info, some say I need to delete CFW, update and then re-install it. Then Freeboot and aurora came up confusing me even more lol.

Xbox 360 Falcon, Xexmenu 1.1 installed(not by me, by the previous owner).
Latest dash: 17526
Never connected to Internet, just want to play Kinect games. :smile:

Screwlegg

Screwlegg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

Scroll down to where it says:

Copy to a USB flash drive
If you can't connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system. For information about how to format a USB flash drive, see the “Format a USB flash drive” section of Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
  2. Download the update file.
  3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  4. Unzip the file. If you're using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).
  6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
  7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
  8. Restart the console.
  9. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yesto update the new console software.

Hello! I've been searching, scrolling and reading for the last 2 hours, and as far as I know this thread mentions what I need to do: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ont-install-on-rgh-360.1670894/#post-13246024
i.e. get the update, rename with 2 $$ and install it using Xexmenu.

But I just wanted to confirm! Cause there's a lot of info, some say I need to delete CFW, update and then re-install it. Then Freeboot and aurora came up confusing me even more lol.

Xbox 360 Falcon, Xexmenu 1.1 installed(not by me, by the previous owner).
Latest dash: 17526
Never connected to Internet, just want to play Kinect games. :smile:

This is safe to use. Try this way!!!!!!!

M

Milo999

Reaction score
Sin$
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

Scroll down to where it says:

Copy to a USB flash drive
If you can't connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system. For information about how to format a USB flash drive, see the “Format a USB flash drive” section of Using USB flash drives with Xbox 360.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
  2. Download the update file.
  3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  4. Unzip the file. If you're using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).
  6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
  7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
  8. Restart the console.
  9. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yesto update the new console software.

This is safe to use. Try this way!!!!!!!
Thank you for the quick reply! I'll do it with the renaming to $$ just to be safe :smile:

M

Milo999

Reaction score
Sin$
So I tried but another problem: Xexmenu won't show anything.

I understand Xexmenu is a file explorer, but it won't go past the 'Games discovery' screen. I made an empty 'games' folder on it in case it was a problem with only having the $$ystemupdate folder but that doesn't work either. It stays at 'loading game database'.

Is this a problem with Xexmenu? My USB is 4 GB and is also properly formatted because it shows in the Xbox 'storage' menu along with the HDD.

I guess I should try and update Xexmenu to 1.2 and see if that works?

Screwlegg

Screwlegg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no you're supposed to go to the dashboard and then it will promote you to download the avatar pack. change dash settings to load the dash upon start and then restart xbox and it should pop up. Question tho why are u using the old xexmenu. in my opinion I like v1.2

M

Milo999

Reaction score
Sin$
no you're supposed to go to the dashboard and then it will promote you to download the avatar pack. change dash settings to load the dash upon start and then restart xbox and it should pop up. Question tho why are u using the old xexmenu. in my opinion I like v1.2

I'll try to be more detailed now:

- I am getting the update message but no option to update, just the update alert
- When I boot up it takes me to profiles(there are 2 profiles) where I choose mine and then onto the dashboard. That is what you mean by load the dash on start right?
- I guess it isn't detecting the update folder on my usb. I did put in the usb before turning on the xbox, and tried both $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate folder names.
- I have Xexmenu 1.1 because that's what it came with, I would update to 1.2 but I want to fix this first. :smile:

M

Milo999

Reaction score
Sin$
It worked! I'm not sure how but I tried this morning by using $SystemUpdate and inserting the USB after turning on the Xbox. I guess it just needed a few tries to get it.

For anyone having the same problem, I had to plug in the USB to Xbox first and let it format itself to the Xbox. If I formatted it on my PC after that and tried it wouldn't detect the update.

Thanks Screwlegg

Top Bottom
Login
Register