What's new

Question Available names apparently taken?

John_

John_

Y E E T
Mr. Nice Guy Stickied Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I was searching on namemc.com for names to change to and names such as Steve and Car say they are available but when I tried to change my name on mojang.com it says they are taken?

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was searching on namemc.com for names to change to and names such as Steve and Car say they are available but when I tried to change my name on mojang.com it says they are taken?
Just means that the site is wrong. Nothing much anyone can do about that.

Upvote 0
ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Every other name checker site shows that they are available aswell.
It's because they are blacklisted in Minecraft. By "available" that sites means that no user has taken that name... But that's because they can't, because it's blacklisted by Mojang. Most "normal" names are blocked.

Upvote 0
John_

John_

Y E E T
Mr. Nice Guy Stickied Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It's because they are blacklisted in Minecraft. By "available" that sites means that no user has taken that name... But that's because they can't, because it's blacklisted by Mojang. Most "normal" names are blocked.
I should've assumed Steve wouldn't work as it's the name of the main player, but Car? Really?

Upvote 0
ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I should've assumed Steve wouldn't work as it's the name of the main player, but Car? Really?
I agree with you but Mojang makes the rules.. I think car might just be too short. I'm not 100% sure but I think it has to be at least 4 letters.

Upvote 0
Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you but Mojang makes the rules.. I think car might just be too short. I'm not 100% sure but I think it has to be at least 4 letters.
Minecraft accepts 3 letter names. Mojang must have blocked it or the name has been taken and the way the site checks usernames isn't exactly accurate.

Upvote 0
A

A4F

Reaction score
Sin$
Well here's thing I read the reply above about how if it says its available its blocked my mojang but here's the thing recently I tried to the the name "Fail" and when it said it was available I could not change it cause it said it was taking but here is the main thing later in the day a person got the name "Fail" I was wondering how did they get it if when I was trying to put it in it would not work could someone explain that to me.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register