What's new

Solved Availability of "random event" when the game put you "solo"

G

groarmon

Reaction score
hello there, I'm on PC

Since most of the solo method have been patched now, the only ways I can think to be alone in a session are some stranger mission, legendary bounty, and some resupply mission for crips (with luck)

I absolutely love random events - and by random event i mean gang hideout spawn, treasure map on trees, treasure hunters, camp defense, ambush, etc.- and actively looking for them, either by following jean ropke map or going into smoke when I see one... I was wondering If they are available when I'm in those solo moment, or if it's useless unless for hunting.

And since i'm here, are these random event influenced by the number of people in session ? Is there a sweet spot (and How one could reach it)? Can i force spawn ? Is switching session useful for this purpose ?

I've searched for info but they are at least 1 year old most of the time.

Thanks.

G

groarmon

Reaction score
So I did a test yesterday. Doing a mission in macfarlane ranch that put me in a solo lobby.

I've encountered a white dot type of random event in new austin (a fame seek event involving a cougar). So I assume white dot continue to appear in those mission.

The rather big downside is that you can't autodrive since it go to the mission whatever you do, and you obviously can't use fast travel.

I could see my camp so I could hunt. After a while, the mission aborted without a notice, and I was put in a 7 people session : maybe I was to far from the mission ? I was in tumbleweed.
I noticed that gang hideout spawned rather easily (did 3) which make me think they are on a kind of timer ? idk.

N

Navy Davey

☠️Super Moderator☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
More than likely random events are dependent on more than one person in a lobby. Just like GTA these events are intended by Rockstar to be played by multiple users. In GTA specifically free mode events don’t happen in invite only or solo public lobbies.

Top Bottom