Unsolved Aux cable for headphones question

• Thread starter xl COOLWHIP
  • Start date
  • Views 352
X

xl COOLWHIP

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
I have a pair of wireless turtle beaches that can be connected to the controller with an aux cable, one end of the cable has 3 connector rings, and the other end has 2 rings, will the microphone still work and which end should be in the controller?

I’m new to the XB1. I previously owned PS4 until it was stolen, and only have had the XB1 for a month or so, I’m not sure if there is a way to hear myself to test it, but I’ve tried asking people in game but never got a reply.

The aux cable came from headphones that had a mic aswell, so I assumed it would work. TIA for answers.

(spaced out my wall of text so its less intimidating lol)

G

Gefest

Reaction score
Did you check your in-game settings? Had the same problem week ago when I bought new headphones, first what I thought- need to check the in-game setting, but they were fine, so I went to the forums I discovered what my new headphones didn't work properly with XB1, so I went to google for advice, and found a good website - Audio Direct, what have detailed info about headphones and more information about sound systems. So now with advice from Audio Direct, I have good headphones that work properly with good sound quality at X1 and at PC as well.

Last edited:
N

Navy Davey

☠️Super Moderator☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I have a pair of wireless turtle beaches that can be connected to the controller with an aux cable, one end of the cable has 3 connector rings, and the other end has 2 rings, will the microphone still work and which end should be in the controller?

I’m new to the XB1. I previously owned PS4 until it was stolen, and only have had the XB1 for a month or so, I’m not sure if there is a way to hear myself to test it, but I’ve tried asking people in game but never got a reply.

The aux cable came from headphones that had a mic aswell, so I assumed it would work. TIA for answers.

(spaced out my wall of text so its less intimidating lol)
You need to use the mini jack that has three rings that should be for headphones and a mic.
The go to your console settings to enable the mic and headset.

Top Bottom