What's new

Solved Aurora and indie games

K

Kryxan

Reaction score
Sin$
When I try to launch indie games I get the typical launch popup where it says gathering information, and applying title updates, before it returns to the games list not having launched the game.

I am pretty sure the problem is that Aurora is not enabling the TU for XBLIG games, as the indie games all launch from MS dash and dashlaunch, just not Aurora. As I have become aware the Aurora dash will not ever use a TU unless I manually enable the TU. This is the way it is for all games, and I don't see why Aurora would suddenly decide to enable a TU on its own as it does not do this for anything else. all other games work, including Classic Xbox, Xbox 360, XBLA, Netflix, and all DLC (afaik, cause it is hard to test all 400 games and dlc).

now all the nitty gritty:
I am on Aurora 0.7b r1622 located in hdd1\Aurora 0.7b.1\
I am on Kernel 2.0.17526.0, I updated my xbox before having it modded;
I placed the 2.0.17526.0 update in $$ystemupdate on a USB drive in case the avatar update was the problem and no patch was applied;
I am on a Trinity 4gb RGH with a 2tb internal hdd and 256gb usb flash;
All games are in hdd1\Content\0000000000000000\<titleid> or Usb0\Content\0000000000000000\<titleid>;
All XBLIG games are in hdd1\Content\0000000000000000\584E07D2\00000002;
The XBLIG TU #29 is in hdd1\Content\0000000000000000\584E07D2\000B0000;
Aurora also has a copy of the TU in Aurora\Data\TitleUpdates\20200202020202(...)\584e07D2\D955ea41(...)\;
Dashlaunch is in OnBoardMU\Dashlaunch 3.19;
launch.ini is in OnBoardMU\launch.ini;
All XBLA and DLC unlocked in XM360v2.0d;
and all XBLIG games work in MS Dash and Dashlaunch.

Dashlaunch 3.19 settings are:
contpatch on; xblapatch on; licpatch on; pingpatch on; liveblock on; livestrong off; fakelive off; autofake on; autocont on; autofake0 0x584e07d2; and i can post more settings if anyone thinks they may be applicable.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
livestrong off; fakelive off;
Try turning either or both of these settings on. I can’t remmeber for sure, but I know when I was messing with some XBLA game I couldn’t get it working unless one of these was on. If I think of more context I will let you know.

K

Kryxan

Reaction score
Sin$
Try turning either or both of these settings on. I can’t remmeber for sure, but I know when I was messing with some XBLA game I couldn’t get it working unless one of these was on. If I think of more context I will let you know.

Only effect of livestrong seems to be determining whether game assets are downloaded (descriptions and screenshots). Fakelive vs autofake, only one can be enabled at a time and autofake only targets the titles under autofake0. I've tried both ways regardless.

B

billy61300

Reaction score
Sin$
Indie games work differently than all other games. They require to be installed into the correct folders regardless of how the installation says for others. Meaning HDD1:\Content\0000etc\GameID\etc. If you don't already have this, try using horizon to put them onto your USB and go through the directory and install it. Another option is to use the 360 Content Manager (a quick google search will find it). Another note that some indies REQUIRE content patching. If you installed the Indie TU for use on an RGH/JTAG then it should work without having to enable the TU, otherwise if you get an error you can just tick "Content Patching" in the game details. Fake Live I've heard needs to be enabled but I haven't had any issues with it. Tick license patching and XBLA patching. If it still doesn't work, I wouldn't know what it could be; perhaps the TU you had downloaded is different than the one your supposed to use?

K

Kryxan

Reaction score
Sin$
Billy61300, all good. I feel your point about the TU version might be valid, but as far as I know #29 is the latest and I don't think there are multiple media id to watch out for with the TU.

Top Bottom
Login
Register