What's new

Discussion At the moment, where is Halo 3 modding at?

• Thread starter Kickenwing
  • Start date
  • Views 528
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kickenwing

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been out of the Halo modding since Halo 2 mods were out and unbannable. I would like to know what the deal is with Halo 3 mods on Xbox live right now? Can you mod online? Will you get banned? Could someone plz post a link to a tut if you can mod online or offline?

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You can not mod halo 3 on a retail for now, it can only be done on a devkit. There is the possibility that it could be modded on a retail if an exploit was known and xex loader released. For now the only things you could mod are gamesaves, gametypes, and films. Regardless of when and how halo 3 map nodding becomes possible, it will be done in such a way that it cannot be played on xbox live so as to protect that service.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 3 Modding is right here Halo 3 Modding
Come by and say hi sometime :smile:

But seriously, right now as Haxalot said you can't .MAP mod on a retail console. Only on a Dev kit. You can mod gametypes and maps which is pretty much just Forge modding. There was a Campaign Resigner going around saying that you could mod Dev kit Campaign Saves to play on retail 360's but no one hasn't gotten it to work yet and no one is sure if it is legit.

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No actually we might be closer than what you guys think, but really no one knows.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
You can mod Halo 3 campaign saves... not just user-content.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
unknown v2 said:
You can mod Halo 3 campaign saves... not just user-content.
Well, I haven't heard of anyone confirming it. The closest that I saw was that two people could load a save, but nothing was modded. It could have been a bad save, but still I haven't seen any proof or heard anything.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm talking about actually editing the file, not converting.

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Eaton said:
This is true.

Research is semi-private as of right now though, but I'm sure Unknown has plans on creating an app for this.

edit: Well I hope he has plans, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register