What's new

Discussion Astro A40 question

Allamure

Allamure

Reaction score
Sin$
I would like anyone who has owned/ currently owns this headset to tell me any benefits wired vs. wireless and help me make a decision. I'm currently leaning towards wireless but I can switch depending on benefits.

C

C A N A D A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wired has usually better sound quality.

Wired has usually better sound quality.

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
the one i have is the wired one but i don't know whats the difference between the wireless and wired so you should check out their website.

http://www.astrogaming.com/wireless-systems-1/a40-wireless-systems/a40-wireless-system

Allamure

Allamure

Reaction score
Sin$
I did read that, but I'm actually wondering which cables are used to connect, and which are omitted when wireless.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the wireless version and they work perfectly. No signal loss or interruptions at all. I have used X41's and AX Pros and the A40's easily beat both.

It is semi wireless. You have a TX(transmitter) and a RX(receiver). The transmitter sits next to the 360 and gets the optical cable plugged into it as well as a power cable. The RX is next to you. One wire goes to the headset and the other goes to the controller.

If you get the wireless version I suggest getting the rechargeable battery pack too. It will save you a lot of money on batteries and can be used for a long time before needing to be charged.

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the wireless version and they work perfectly. No signal loss or interruptions at all. I have used X41's and AX Pros and the A40's easily beat both.

It is semi wireless. You have a TX(transmitter) and a RX(receiver). The transmitter sits next to the 360 and gets the optical cable plugged into it as well as a power cable. The RX is next to you. One wire goes to the headset and the other goes to the controller.

If you get the wireless version I suggest getting the rechargeable battery pack too. It will save you a lot of money on batteries and can be used for a long time before needing to be charged.
The wireless are nice if you can afford batteries for how often you use the headset. If not i would just get the wired. I have the wired and if you aren't bugged by a few cords then those are nice as well. When it comes down to it, it's all personal preference.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The wireless are nice if you can afford batteries for how often you use the headset. If not i would just get the wired. I have the wired and if you aren't bugged by a few cords then those are nice as well. When it comes down to it, it's all personal preference.
They sell a rechargeable battery for it. Also it can be powered by a usb cable if you don't have any batteries.

B

Board Message

Getting There
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the wireless 2011 edition A40's and they work great no buzzing or interruption like you might think a wireless mic might have.

I mean I have the master volume 1/4 of the way and its still loud.

Top Bottom
Login
Register