• Thread starter Swannylad
  • Start date
  • Views 891
Swannylad

Swannylad

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

My personal project is to access and import the boxers from Rocky and Rocky Legends on the Xbox as best I can to Fight Night Champion on the Xbox 360.

As I own both Rocky and Rocky Legends for the XBox, I have been able to break down the ISO to provide access to the Bik video files on my PC, but would really like to access the superb character models and walk in boxer music.

Unfortunately most of everything else is in *.pak format, which I have had no luck accessing.
I've looked into it and I understand each Xbox game has its very own script to decode its Pak file.

Is anyone savvy enough with C/C++ to identify the structure of these PAK files and create an extractor so I can access the files perhaps? I'd be happy to forward some examples. Or is there really a universal PAK extractor out there?

Once I have these, I think I'm familiar enough with audio and 3D art packages to import them into the Create a Boxer feature of Fight Night Champions. I just need the files..

Any Help Appreciated!

Last edited:
S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
PAK file formats generally are different throughout each game. The only way would be to reverse the engine and extract the files manually.

Swannylad

Swannylad

Reaction score
Thanks for the response

Yeah it's looking like that. Notepad++ and working back or something I'm guessing.
Out of desperation I thought I'd try the extension renaming trick to zip and rar, suggested elsewhere but no luck.

I'm thinking of uploading 2 or 3 Pak files from the game - has anyone got any experience reversing these engines and fancies having a crack?

Cheers

Im4eversmart

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Glitcher Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Thanks for the response

Yeah it's looking like that. Notepad++ and working back or something I'm guessing.
Out of desperation I thought I'd try the extension renaming trick to zip and rar, suggested elsewhere but no luck.

I'm thinking of uploading 2 or 3 Pak files from the game - has anyone got any experience reversing these engines and fancies having a crack?

Cheers
Do you know they are PAK files, or are you going by the extension?
Look for the magic value at the beginning of the file.

Top Bottom