Ascension

Discussion in 'Halo Reach Modding' started by deadcanadian, May 7, 2011 with 184 replies and 38,482 views.

1. deadcanadian

deadcanadian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Mod Edit:
    The links have died, and this hasn't been updated in a while. The latest version of Ascension is [Click here to view the link], courtesy of xboxchaos.com (posted by Lord Zedd, in this thread).

If you want an alternative program for map editing, you can also use Assembly, posted here. It can open maps from H2:Vista, H3, ODST, Reach, and H4 (along with a few beta versions of those games).

Both require you to have Xbox Neighborhood installed on your computer to work, which you install through the Microsoft SDK. As this is warez, I will not be posting it. The top web result (not the video) on Google for 'xdksetupxenon 21119.10' seems to have many mirrors of different versions, including a mega.co upload of the 21119 sdk that I currently use. (Ignore anything that says 'recovery' in the description, those are something entirely different.)

Original Post:
    Recently i had gotten the source code for ascension from Dark, which i have been editing since then. Mostly through settings such as adding the alteration Ident swapper so you can choose to use that one, auto saving screenshots, and other small things like auto loading a map on start up.

Then i started working with XEX modding(Help from Chrisco), and real-timing that so you could activate debug cam and much more with that. So now there is a large selection you can choose from to change the xex. auto-aim not included. i dont support cheating.

Then i talked to Nate(original person who made the RTELauncher and RTELoader so jtags could real time and we deleted all the jtag poking code. and setup a small XEX that would go onto a jtag as a plugin so you could real time edit with that automatically loaded instead of running a specific XWX. So once you install the plugin contained in this rar you will no longer need a special XEX to real time. it can be done from any XEX you choose. This XEX as well allows Jtags to take screen shots using ascension or alteration. Although being we cant freeze the console like a dev movement on the screen will affect the quality. Note that just because its on ascension doesnt mean you have to be on reach. the screen capture will work on any game.

In short, no need for realtime launchers, and you can take screenshots by installing this plugin in the rar.

ScreenShots
    Settings
    [​IMG]
    Meta Editor - ASC Ident
    [​IMG]
    Meta Editor - ALT Ident
    [​IMG]
    Poke Memory Parent List, Ones with arrows have other options inside of them.
    [​IMG]
    The advanced poker, advanced more as it isnt strait clicks to the basic ones and includes ones that can cause problems.
    [​IMG]

Download Link Ascension 0.038

This is also needed to get it to work this one is unscanned. so check yourself

Ascension originally from Detox (http://www.xenon7.net/)
    Derived from DarkShallFall (http://noble-research.com/index.php)

• Like Like x 15
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  2. MasterChafe

MasterChafe Hmmmm Gators

Ratings:
    I just shat my pants.

Loving your work bro

3. boii

boii Getting There

Ratings:
    omg

So just to get this straight we dont need any RTloaders

• Like Like x 1
  4. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    very nice but when i try to poke on this version it give me an error

i imstalled everything the way you said aswell

where exactly do i put the xex cause mine is in hdd1

5. boii

boii Getting There

Ratings:
    It says parent folder im guessing means root.

6. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wellthen i duno cause i put it there

7. -JaSpeR-

-JaSpeR- Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I guess it's a dashlaunch plugin. :wink:

8. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i have the newest dashlaunch edited the launch.ini and place the xex in teh hhd1 folder

i hate updating things i can never get new things to work

i dont suposse someone could tell me in the finest of detail what to do lol cause i followed all this and i stillg et could not poke and stuff

9. OP
    deadcanadian

deadcanadian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    in your harddrive, the parent folder meaning the very top one, simply place in the memedit.xex and your launch.ini as well to ensure make sure you have the newest dashlaunch so you can run the plugin. after that it should run fine.

or if you get an error trying to poke whats the error?

10. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i just put then in hdd folder which is teh only hard drive folder i have and im runnin the newest dashlaunch but the errors is stuff like could not poke xdk and then when editin the weapons an stuff it says Unhandled exceptation has occurred in teh aplication that whole thing

11. OP
    deadcanadian

deadcanadian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it would help if you told me the actual error. and when you say editing the the weapons what do you mean, in the .map or one of the poke memory buttons?

12. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    when pokin a change i made to the .map i get Unhandled exceptation has occurred and when usin the buttons that you get for xex pokes it says unable to poke xdk thats all that comes up

13. OP
    deadcanadian

deadcanadian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    unless the memedit.xex is installed right it wont be able to poke at all. so i would presume that. cause the code for actually poking stuff in the .map as compaired to the screenshot or poke memory buttons i didnt alter at all. ting, add me on msn or aim([email protected] or for aim:biggrin:eadCanadian5) and ill help you tomorrow when i get up.

14. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok thanks dude very greatfull

added u on msn

15. -JaSpeR-

-JaSpeR- Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Great job ! It works like a charm :smile:
    Very useful !
    :wink:

16. atingf

atingf Enthusiast

Ratings:
    tell me the exact way you did it jasper cause mine no longer lets me us system link

17. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

Ratings:
    To anyone who got the plugin working?

post Kernal and what ver of dashlaunch, thanks.

18. ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06 The Shiroyasha Retired

Ratings:
    I get nothing. What dashlaunch version was it made for?

Running the game with other loaders doesn't work either. Can't poke xdk for the xbox poking options, object reference not set to an instance of an object error for map poking.

19. -JaSpeR-

-JaSpeR- Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My Jtag has got a jasper motherboard. I've got the 12611 dash and dashlaunch 2.20 .
    I put the plugin xex at the root of the 3rd partition of my HDD.
    I added this to my launch.ini =
    Code:
    [Plugins]
    plugin1 = Hdd:\memedit.xex 
    And I run Halo Reach from my official hard drive :wink:

20. OP
    deadcanadian

deadcanadian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i include a link to download the dashlaunch in the installation text file, if you read that. version 2.20 and Nate said this should work on 9199, 12611, and 12625(however im on 12611) so im not sure about the other two dash versions.