• Thread starter k money
  • Start date
  • Views 2,754
k money

k money

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have recently been looking for a way to offline gpd mod ascension. I have searched all over and a lot of people have been tryhing to do it but so far nobody has been successful without a jtag.

here is what i know for sure:

1. Title update 3 blocks gpd modding

2. Title update 4 is required for Ascension and is required for the map to load properly.

3. Because of this it is not possible to gpd mod Ascension under normal circumstances.

One strategy that has been tried is to use title update 2 and a modded gpd. A bind would then be added to force load Ascensiion, "zombie_cosmodrome". Apparently the game attemps to load Ascension but it doesnt work porperly.
It have come to the conclusion that a modded title update may need to be created. We would need to take title update 4 and remove the part that blocks gpd's, or we would need to mod title update 2 and add code that would allow Ascension to load properly. Please comment below if you think you can help.

C

Crazy afghani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
without the Update title 5 Asencion is not gonna work normally, most of the codes for asencion were added in , in title update 5

k money

k money

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i don't have jtag, but you can mod the patch with a jtag? what program would you use to edit the patch?

M

ma37icws

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have recently been looking for a way to offline gpd mod ascension. I have searched all over and a lot of people have been tryhing to do it but so far nobody has been successful without a jtag.

here is what i know for sure:

1. Title update 3 blocks gpd modding

2. Title update 4 is required for Ascension and is required for the map to load properly.

3. Because of this it is not possible to gpd mod Ascension under normal circumstances.

One strategy that has been tried is to use title update 2 and a modded gpd. A bind would then be added to force load Ascensiion, "zombie_cosmodrome". Apparently the game attemps to load Ascension but it doesnt work porperly.
It have come to the conclusion that a modded title update may need to be created. We would need to take title update 4 and remove the part that blocks gpd's, or we would need to mod title update 2 and add code that would allow Ascension to load properly. Please comment below if you think you can help.

Like almost everything you mod with a usb you need to rehash and resign it of it will be corrupted, everything you mod with a usb is a "con" file then thees things like title updates which are "live" files which are impossible to rehash and resign, so you could mod a title update, but you cant rehash it and resign it so the modded title update would be corrupted.

L

Luse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll give you some hints:

1. Use force binds.
2. You DO need to delete TU5, but just because you delete it doesn't mean it's not there.
3. The name of ascension in gpd terms is "zombie_cosmodrome"

Think about that. Hopefully someone will get it.

L

Luse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

1. Use force binds.
2. You DO need to delete TU5, but just because you delete it doesn't mean it's not there.

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what about the update trick does that still work? where it is there but you unplug the usb it is on

k money

k money

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like almost everything you mod with a usb you need to rehash and resign it of it will be corrupted, everything you mod with a usb is a "con" file then thees things like title updates which are "live" files which are impossible to rehash and resign, so you could mod a title update, but you cant rehash it and resign it so the modded title update would be corrupted.
thanks i learned somthing lol +rep

1. Use force binds.

can you explain? idk what your hinting at bc its been proven you cant force load the map unless you are doing it very different than everybody else..

P

oO Di2eamZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no mods without jtag plain and simple.. they need to make a seperate section for just gpd modding so us JTAG modders can find what were looking for instead of always seeing GPD HaXoRz W1t TeH UZBzzzz

k money

k money

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no mods without jtag plain and simple.. they need to make a seperate section for just gpd modding so us JTAG modders can find what were looking for instead of always seeing GPD HaXoRz W1t TeH UZBzzzz
i think that is a good idea and should be suggested. You may not think that it is possible but i think it may be possible and im trying to work with the modding community to make it possible. Figuring out how to edit title updates would be extremely beneficial for this games, other games, and for the new map pack coming out tomorow that includes another zombie map "call of the dead".

Top Bottom
Login
Register