What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion Artificial Inteligence

• Thread starter Xerax
  • Start date
  • Views 1,067
Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a Halo modder, i don't leave the Halo section. But, I'm feeling inquisitive. Can we spawn AI squads in MW2? Or has there been any research into it? Your zombies gametypes are looking nice, but it's not that good.

-Xerax

SotG Caboose

SotG Caboose

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a Halo modder, i don't leave the Halo section. But, I'm feeling inquisitive. Can we spawn AI squads in MW2? Or has there been any research into it? Your zombies gametypes are looking nice, but it's not that good.

-Xerax
You can using a function in a script. But the AI suck, no where near the campaign AI.

D

Deleted member 16267

Information Technician - PCMasterRace
Reaction score
Sin$
^
And all they do is run around in circles/shootwhilerunningincircles

So no. Not actual, AI. Just some puppets.

Xerax

Xerax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys. Also zombies are in a way bad AI, slow and inaccurate. So that wouldn't really be a problem. Caboose, wana AIM me? :tongue:

D

dconnor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys. Also zombies are in a way bad AI, slow and inaccurate. So that wouldn't really be a problem. Caboose, wana AIM me? :tongue:
No, you don't understand. The have no desire to interact with the player. They are determined to walk in a circle until the end of eternity.

D

dconnor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That can be changed.
No doubt, however I know I wouldn't be able to write it.

First problem would be giving the bot the ability to navigate the map.
The second problem is defining when the bot attacks.

And both of those problems assume the bots already know all the locations of players.

Have you already been working on AI?

Gunz

Gunz

Gunz Iz Teh Hax
Reaction score
Sin$
No doubt, however I know I wouldn't be able to write it.

First problem would be giving the bot the ability to navigate the map.
The second problem is defining when the bot attacks.

And both of those problems assume the bots already know all the locations of players.

Have you already been working on AI?
you could write something like if AI Player is in certain distance of solid object then move certain distance away ect. I think that is the most we can do navigation wise.

Z

zy0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First you would need them to be able to move around the map without getting stuck...
thats task number 1. after that it's easy cake piee

task 2 is to add in target "selection" based on players in the current radius of the 'bot'
this is to give the "ai" a more realistic search path what this basically is saying the bot can "hear" or see the player and know where it's at.

task 3 is to have them calculate a path to take based on their posistion, and current equipment.
basically giving them a 'strategy'
ie toss flash, then move, then attack..

task 3 is to add in aiming skill... lolz again based on 'skill' of the bot. basically write a fucntion that shoots at a point, but varies the actual 'shot' according to the 'skill' of the bot.

say the bot is of very good skill, most of its shots would be right on, but some of them would not be, now if the bot had bad skill, it would shoot more sporadicaly at the surrounding area of the 'directed' shot.

Xploited

ziDragoniz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This would be great making Zombies AI based, more like the good ol' WaW Nazi Zombies, I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard if we all helped out, lets all get on AIM, and get Lost to help haha. & a video I noticed a few days ago on YouTube was a player model mod, and the head had been removed so, BOTS with no heads + instead of 'Bot 1' etc, 'Zombie 1'... this would make Zombies, a lot more fun, and they start off slow with low health and advance.

Yeh, I'm babbling on, but it'd be nice.

EDIT: 100th post :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register