What's new

Working Armsday Glitch: Get Next Week's Weapons early [still working on 1/20/16]

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I was in the tower during the Weekly Rest for the Gunsmith and I went to collect my weapons I had ordered the week before. I didn't have the option to claim the weapons I had ordered the previous week, but I was able to order the new weapons. I bought the packages to order the new weapons, went to orbit, went back to the tower and I was able to get next week's weapons a week earlier, along with the weapons I had ordered the previous week. Even though I already gotten next week's weapons, I can still order them again meaning I can get them twice.
Stay in tower during the Gunsmith's reset timer (go to the tower 5 minutes or so before the daily reset)
Buy next week's packages from from the gunsmith (you shouldn't get the menu to claim the weapons you ordered the previous week)
Go to orbit, then return to the tower (when I went to orbit, the weapon packages got the yellow outline meaning they've been completed)
Go to the Gunsmith and claim last week's and next week's weapon (you should be able to buy them again)

Now with a video tutorial!

[This is my first video tutorial I made and I made it at 3 in the morning, so please go easy on me]
I thought the glitch has been patched when the glitch didn't work for me for some reason.
I decided to check if the glitch still worked, and when it did, I wasn't recording gameplay. So I decided to try to use the Xbox One's DVR to "record that" and it only recorded everything after I purchased the weapon orders. In the middle of editing the video, I went back to the tower and purchased the weapon order that I used when I was checking if the glitch worked.

When I uploaded the video, I set it as "unlisted" so that only the people with the link (you guys) will see the video. So hopefully, it won't get posted to other forum sites.

Last edited:

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah this happened to me a few weeks back and thought it was amazing, didn't want to post because of it getting patched.

K

Keanu reeves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bet everyone is going to spam youtube and upload like 10 videos later today.

Nice find by the way.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So you can get 4 guns per character? I've been able to purchase 2 before without doing this, yet sometimes only one which I didn't get how it worked.

Sallos

Sallos

Reaction score
Sin$
So you can get 4 guns per character? I've been able to purchase 2 before without doing this, yet sometimes only one which I didn't get how it worked.
Right now I'm at rank 3 with the gunsmith and I'm able to order all 5 weapons that he has available.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Right now I'm at rank 3 with the gunsmith and I'm able to order all 5 weapons that he has available.
Ok I guess that's why I saw different amounts. I usually forget to grab them because I hate having them sit in my inventory all week and then never remember before armsday.

Lemon Chief

Lemon Chief

Reaction score
Sin$
I was in the tower during the Weekly Rest for the Gunsmith and I went to collect my weapons I had ordered the week before. I didn't have the option to claim the weapons I had ordered the previous week, but I was able to order the new weapons. I bought the packages to order the new weapons, went to orbit, went back to the tower and I was able to get next week's weapons a week earlier, along with the weapons I had ordered the previous week. Even though I already gotten next week's weapons, I can still order them again meaning I can get them twice.
Stay in tower during the Gunsmith's reset timer (go to the tower 5 minutes or so before the daily reset)
Buy next week's packages from from the gunsmith (you shouldn't get the menu to claim the weapons you ordered the previous week)
Go to orbit, then return to the tower (when I went to orbit, the weapon packages got the yellow outline meaning they've been completed)
Go to the Gunsmith and claim last week's and next week's weapon (you should be able to buy them again)

I only ran into this just now so I'm not sure if it will work for everyone, also this is my first time posting a tutorial for a glitch.:oops: :shy:
Thanks for sharing :smile:

Sallos

Sallos

Reaction score
Sin$
So who is going to try this glitch tonight? The weekly reset time is not affected by Daylight saving's time so the reset will be an hour sooner than before. So here in California the reset will be at 1AM now instead of 2AM. I will be trying it tonight. :thumbsup:

Nfected pOO c

Nfected pOO c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So who is going to try this glitch tonight? The weekly reset time is not affected by Daylight saving's time so the reset will be an hour sooner than before. So here in California the reset will be at 1AM now instead of 2AM. I will be trying it tonight. :thumbsup:
I'll be trying it out, 5 min to go

Edit: yep, works, stayed in gunsmith inventory when refresh hit, chose my gun and then it auto completed and I was able to choose the completed version of the packages I had just picked. Went to orbit and dropped back in and can choose from the packages I had just chosen from again

Last edited:
s0cal951

s0cal951

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow. i just got 10 guns at once & was able to order 3 more

thanks for the tip

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I pinned your thread and will probably leave it up for a few weeks as it's original and relevant (at least until it's patched or common knowledge). I'll try to start doing this more in the glitches section since they are usually only good for a few weeks. Good post.

It's also interesting how reset glitches can still work. We still don't really know if the IB rank reset glitch actually got fixed or not. Didn't work last time because they forced us to download a patch first, but it still could next time around. It will come in handy next time if it works since there items take so many marks you can't do it all at once.

Sallos

Sallos

Reaction score
Sin$
We still don't really know if the IB rank reset glitch actually got fixed or not. Didn't work last time because they forced us to download a patch first, but it still could next time around.
I would assume the Iron Banner reset glitch still works since this glitch works. I will be sure to check if the glitch still works next time the Iron Banner shows up.

Sallos

Sallos

Reaction score
Sin$
The glitch still works. I stayed up all night just to check if this glitch still works for all of you wonderful sinners out there. :rolleyes:

fiddleplayinjew

fiddleplayinjew

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
trying this now.

Results: not sure if its just me, but i'm rank four gunsmith and when i waited for the reset i can't place the order "Max Orders Placed"

Sallos

Sallos

Reaction score
Sin$
trying this now.

Results: not sure if its just me, but i'm rank four gunsmith and when i waited for the reset i can't place the order "Max Orders Placed"
I keep forgetting to check if this glitch still works. I keep getting distracted by other games. I should probably set a reminder on my phone to remind me to try this again next week :shifty:
When I originally tried it, I was able to purchase all of the weapon orders without having to worry about reaching a limit. I'm also noticing that every now and again I'm unable to purchase weapon orders, as they do not appear on the list of items I can purchase.

Top Bottom
Login
Register