Armor Mods

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by Otaku Se7en, Jan 9, 2009 with 19 replies and 867 views.

1. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    I found this on the forums, but cannot find a tut or explanation to how to do it if you have a dev kit:

Thats the farthest I've been able to go on this topic, I have an HDD I will be keeping offline from now on, for Xlink Kai only.

2. S1R34L

S1R34L Getting There

Ratings:
    Not many people here have a dev kit (including me), so i think it's going to be pretty difficult to figure it out.

3. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Thats why I'm asking for someone whom has one, and which one, what to edit, what to do, I have 3 dev kits, 2 freeware, 1 from my teacher at school, but I still know little about them, I didn't know there was more than one.

4. Oleh

Oleh Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What are dev kits and how do you get a hold of one?

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Really?

What that's saying is you cannot mod your armor to get Recon or Bungie, unless you have a dev kit.

You aren't going to be modding any armor, so really, don't worry about it.

6. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Freeware????

7. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    Download the mainmenu.map and look at it if you think it is in there. It will be very hard, most likely impossible.

8. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, you don't have 3 dev kits.

9. mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    Why are you guys pulling all this on Otaku? Maybe he/she does have 3 dev kits, you don't know because you havn't seen what they call "dev kits" Good luck with your project Otaku :wink:

10. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Because in a later topic he sorta busted himself.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-3-modding-discussion/120614-my-halo-3-map-mods-testing.html

And what do you mean by this?

11. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Its failed horribly, one devkit was for making simple 2d ****ty games, the other missed completely by missing a key file I need to run it and can't find the DL for it again, and the last from my school got taken because they said its too expensive a program to give out for free, I said photoshop CS4 exspensive? and the dude laughed. I'm guessing that one was legit. So now I've decided I need to work on getting that one but I could get into some **** if I get caught, and over being able to mod a video game, I can't say its looking too good atm.

12. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Okay. I'm going to say this once more.

A Dev Kit is not software.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    ROFL

I didn't even catch that. :rolleyes:

edit: maybe he's thinking about XNA and just thinks that Dev Kit is code for XNA so hes trying to sound cool. lol

14. mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    I think we've all established that.

15. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Holy **** I ****ing know what a Dev Kit is now, I was looking for the wrong thing and found game making sofware, and have now found out what a dev kit everyone on here is talking about, no I cannot mod like people can with a ****ing Dev Kit and way to quote a month old post, sometimes people learn after a while, like a MONTH.

16. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Well then Otaku missed the memo. lol

Ok thats great that you learned and im happy for you, but i wasn't trying to flame/dis you or anything, i was just showing mattduh something. Sorry if it seemed like that , but it was not my intention.

17. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    No I'm trying to learn of what I was looking for, I was going to post links to the stuff I got, and ask if they are what I need, instead of being helped, I got **** on.:thumbdown:

No **** I did a simple link or complete explanation would have been fine.

18. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Again , sorry it came across that way, but it wasn't my intention to bash you. I thought in another post someone made it clear that what you had was not a dev kit and you persisted that it was. My apologies.

19. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Find a dude that works for a major game developing company and suck his ****.

No I did, I hadn't realized it wasn't going to help me at all, I thought Development kits were simply game making/testing software, I'm enlightened now though.:thumbup:

20. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings: