What's new

ARK: Survival Evolved Is Now Available For Xbox One!

• Thread starter LookBroZombies_XBL
  • Start date
  • Views 5,380

Will you be trying this game!?

• yes

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • no

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I played the trial for this. End up buying it. Single player only for now to test it out, but when they release the new servers I am definitely jumping on one of them. Can't even get on any of the current ones because they are always full

Diprivan

Diprivan

Yeah Bo'
Reaction score
Sin$
My eyes are in squares. Ive been no lifeing this game to bits. Since day of release ive been on it day and night, We are on Server 7 Its a great server not many d bags. We recently got raided and set us back to stone age but were recovering! If you join look for the Forsaken Tribe we will bring you in :wink:
I may take you up on this, been playing for 2 days now, I need help!

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Been playing for about a week now on a server and ended up getting raided. If you decide to play on PvP/PvE servers then make sure to find a good one where people don't cry about you raiding other tribes and then the whole server hunts you down like dogs.

After playing quite a bit on PC I don't notice too many differences and would definitely recommend it to play with friends.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Been playing for about a week now on a server and ended up getting raided. If you decide to play on PvP/PvE servers then make sure to find a good one where people don't cry about you raiding other tribes and then the whole server hunts you down like dogs.

After playing quite a bit on PC I don't notice too many differences and would definitely recommend it to play with friends.
Bruh you can't just go raiding people without a target on your forehead, that's just how it works lol.

In the PvP server I play on, we are cool with everybody. We help people mostly, but there are like giant tribes on this game and I think we are the least of their worries. It's just like don't go messing with people if they don't mess with you first. There's no reason it's like greifing in MC. You just don't do it unless you're a troll.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Bruh you can't just go raiding people without a target on your forehead, that's just how it works lol.

In the PvP server I play on, we are cool with everybody. We help people mostly, but there are like giant tribes on this game and I think we are the least of their worries. It's just like don't go messing with people if they don't mess with you first. There's no reason it's like greifing in MC. You just don't do it unless you're a troll.
A big tribe came and killed me, my friend and our direwolf and Argentavis. We went back with guns and shot down both the Birds and then they raided our base and when our allies went to attack them, they said that we attacked them first. They then raided our entire tribe and we had to leave the server since we would constantly get rekt whenever we tried to rebuild in a new area.

There are quite a few people on this game that are just jerks.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
A big tribe came and killed me, my friend and our direwolf and Argentavis. We went back with guns and shot down both the Birds and then they raided our base and when our allies went to attack them, they said that we attacked them first. They then raided our entire tribe and we had to leave the server since we would constantly get rekt whenever we tried to rebuild in a new area.

There are quite a few people on this game that are just jerks.
Well the bigger tribes defend other people, and that's some bs. It happened to us the second week we played, we went back to the same house and rebuilt everything, made it twice as better, and now nobody messes with us. Make friends with everybody. Don't start a huge war with a massive tribe, you won't win and you'll end up with every tribe hating you.

Landon

Landon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have this game on PC hopefully its better on xb1 for optimization!

P

Peaceful206

Reaction score
Sin$
XB1 doesn't really handle this game well imo. When I played the trial I'd get fps drop when I die or when I'm getting attacked.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
XB1 doesn't really handle this game well imo. When I played the trial I'd get fps drop when I die or when I'm getting attacked.
It's not the Xbox One not being able to handle it, it's just the game. It has framerate issues and huge lag spikes.

LookBroZombies_XBL

LookBroZombies_XBL

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess there was an update to the game on Jan 15:
"Today's Ark Xbox One update brings the console version to content parity with the PC edition up to v231.9. This includes:
  • Dino re-balancing
  • The addition of a primitive cage and stone fireplace items
  • Fixed Cave Loading crash/fall-thru
  • Improved performance: better framerate, less stalls
  • Fixed crosshair not appearing
  • Fixed potential loss of character save data in local mode
  • Fixed fur armor colorization
  • Improved speed of server listing
  • Fixed Taming Dinos losing Inventories/messed-up-Inventories upon reloading single player save game
  • Fixed a memory leak that was typically causing crashes around the Volcano area"

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I like survival games but somehow this ones not catching my interest. Dunno.
I hear ya. There are some sandbox survival games that I don't like either, but I am a big fan of Minecraft (actually my gf is as well heh)

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Avoid PvP NA 378. One big tribe controls everything. They also raid for fun and whipe out entire bases.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody think it's worth the money if I don't have friends to play it with?

Rage

Rage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
Early access games on console are a waste of time IMO, just wait for the full release.

LookBroZombies_XBL

LookBroZombies_XBL

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Early access games on console are a waste of time IMO, just wait for the full release.
I don't see how game preview on console is different than PC, could you explain?

Do you mean that instead of testing the game for free you think everyone should wait for the full game and just buy it without knowing how the gameplay is?

I can't think of any reason why the game preview program is bad.

Top Bottom
Login
Register