What's new

Discussion Argentina Xbox Store So Cheap!

• Thread starter hallda12
  • Start date
  • Views 21,090
Status
Not open for further replies.
hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Some may or may not know but the Argentina Xbox store is stupid cheap compared to the rest of of the world. Usually when games are cheaper in places such as Russia i just buy a gift and redeem with VPN but being as you cant buy Gifts Cards for Argentina things are a little more difficult. The only option i can see is if i somehow had a Pre-paid Credit card registered in ARG.

This got me thinking; Would it be possbile/feasible for someone who actually lived in Argentina to log into a users account, buy the credit then remove his payment details before returning the account to the user. Obviously this would require 'trust' between both parties and also a fee for the service.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been discussed before. And Microsoft don't want us to do it because they're losing out.

hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been discussed before. And Microsoft don't want us to do it because they're losing out.

I've been emailing a Gift Card website and they tell me if VPN my Xbox to ARG i can buy games freely without the use of gift cards. I just need to have my Credit Card Linked to a ARG address in Microsoft Payment options. This is the part where most people come un stuck because they are trying to link the same card to multiple addresses and Microsoft block the card.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been emailing a Gift Card website and they tell me if VPN my Xbox to ARG i can buy games freely without the use of gift cards. I just need to have my Credit Card Linked to a ARG address in Microsoft Payment options. This is the part where most people come un stuck because they are trying to link the same card to multiple addresses and Microsoft block the card.

I'm retarded... my point is you can not use a VPN on it's own on an XBOX ONE/S/X.
You can however use a pc/laptop but that's a different thing.

Last edited:
hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but how're you suppose to use a VPN with an XBOX ONE? :wink:

I know of a way you can buy from different countries on the XBOX ONE with gold but haven't tried with games. I think it would work though.

Good luck. :wink:

You Download a VPN app on your phone then set up a Wifi Hotspot for the xbox. In theory anyway.

Im just getting off work then gonna try it.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
You Download a VPN app on your phone then set up a Wifi Hotspot for the xbox. In theory anyway.

Good luck getting a VPN to run on it's own on an XBOX ONE. lol

Last edited:
hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. lol

Can all but try. Watch this space :smile: ill be back in 30 mins with my findings

If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. lol

First Obstacle. When i tried to link my Credit Card with an ARG address my bank have refused the payment but sent me a text to Verify that its me. Got to wait 10 mins before i try again haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
First Obstacle. When i tried to link my Credit Card with an ARG address my bank have refused the payment but sent me a text to Verify that its me. Got to wait 10 mins before i try again haha

Buying from different regions have been around for years.. no big deal. lol

Last edited:
hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I ain't worrying yet. Only today i have linked this card to Russia, Turkey and Brazil to redeem Credit so id be worried if my bank didnt notify me.

I won't say I told you so.
Back in the day people used Revolut and a VPN to buy from different stores...

Ok card is now linked. First step done

hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Using a VPN on whatever device is no special trick. Can be done with ease.

So that's not the impossible part you're referring to.

Having a few issues. My set up isnt ideal. My Phone is leaking my location somehow even with all the settings turned off.

Ideally i need a router that can use OpenVPN

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
Using a VPN on whatever device is no special trick. Can be done with ease.

So that's not the impossible part you're referring to.

I am referring to you can not run a VPN on it's own on an XBOX ONE. enough said.

Last edited:
hallda12

hallda12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, and?
The OP isn’t going to succeed. Lol.

I think it could work. I need to get hold of a laptop so i can set this VPN up properly. When i run IPleak.net on my phone everything comes back as Argentina yet when i run it on my xbox it comes up as my location. I believe this is because the 'fault' of the phone because i dont have root permissions there...

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
You said that one can't use a VPN with an Xbox One.

EDITED: You can not run a VPN on it's own with an XBOX ONE; fact.
Using a PC/Laptop is an entirely different thing. enough said.

Last edited:
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Where? I said how're you suppose to use a VPN with an XBOX ONE, I didn't say you can't use a VPN with an XBOX ONE. lol
That's literally the same thing.
Maybe you thought that phrase means something else? It's grammatically incorrect as well, so maybe that's the case?
What does that phrase mean in your mind then?

You also sarcastically wished him good luck on getting the VPN stuff to work.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, that's cool, I truly understand why you're doing that.

Using a laptop/pc to run a VPN on an XBOX ONE isn't new. I'm saying you can't use a VPN on it's own on an XBOX ONE. enough said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register