What's new

Solved Are you supposed to flash your drive back to stock before you do an XBL update?

• Thread starter Schreekuline
  • Start date
  • Views 937
S

Schreekuline

Reaction score
I have my drive on LT+ 1.91, but one thing I am unsure of is, do I need to flash to stock firmware before I update my 360 with the Xbox Live update? Or can I flash it with an LT firmware?

RobotJuice

RobotJuice

Undercover Ad​min
Programmer EotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Yes. Better safe than sorry.

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
I never do, but I've heard most people do.

ShawtayNate

ShawtayNate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well your probably flagged for ban so i wouldn't, i haven't reflashed to stock for ages.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do before any dash updates. It is easy for me, I dont see any reason not to.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
It's not always necessary. There's no detection for drives over LT+, so they should be safe. The only case is a Samsung, which must be re-flashed to stock. This ONLY applies to updates that have new DVD firmwares (13146 is the only so far). I would check with the scene first before every update, just to ensure that you won't get banned.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
What iMoses said, there has only ever been one case to re-flash to stock and that was due 13146 update which introduced new firmwares.

People recommend it but there is no evidence out there to support the theory that you can get flagged during the update. Think of it this way LT+ is undetectable thus far, why would Microsoft only look for your flashed firmware during an update?

One thing many people feel safe with is waiting a few days for positive feedback from other members. If you are worried I do suggest looking around the forums when a new update is introduced.

Top Bottom