Are These Any Good?

Discussion in 'Computer Showoff' started by CaSh, Dec 9, 2008 with 6 replies and 270 views.

1. CaSh

CaSh Banned

Ratings:
    Ok, so I'm getting a new laptop for Christmas, and since my dad knows jack **** about computers, I get to pick it out myself. I really don't need anything special, and I'm trying to keep the price fairly low for him, but I've narrowed down my choice to 2 laptops. Tell me if they are any good, and feel free to leave any additional comments.

1. [Click here to view the link]

2. [Click here to view the link]

I'm leaning towards the Toshiba.

So what do you guys think?

2. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Toshiba definitely, and I'd go for it fast, as the other one is already sold out online.

Edit: Both of them are sold out online.

3. Mandela

Mandela Getting There

Ratings:
    With all brand names aside and just looking at value you are getting more for the Toshiba than you are for the Acer. Another thing to look at would be specs on performance and again the Toshiba ousts the Acer in performance and graphics. So I would have to go with the Toshiba over the Acer.

4. OP
    CaSh

CaSh Banned

Ratings:
    Yeah thats what I was planning on getting anyways. Plus I'm buying it in stores, not online.

5. FtK Shadow

FtK Shadow Retired Super Mod Retired

Ratings:
    toshiba's are sooooo ****ty though

6. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Honestly it doesn't matter who it is from... Unless you are comparing customer service.

7. nightxcrisis

nightxcrisis Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a Toshiba laptop.. But it doesn't work. I bought it brand new and i turned it on once. It crashed one time and wouldn't turn back on.. The company wouldn't return it and there was no way of fixing it. lol