• Thread starter chaoschief
  • Start date
  • Views 978
C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
I just picked up a 20 pack of HP DVD+R DL's for 30 dollars. Is HP good for game burning? And since it says it's clocked at 8x on the label, I should burn at no less than 4x, correct?

N

Nomadic Dagger

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, just about any brand of discs will work, some drives are just picky.

I usually burn mine at 2.4x.

C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
Are Real Retail xbox games burned natively at 2.4x. Like if I put in my MW2 that I bought from Gamestop, does it play at 2.4?

C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sold in the store. I'm not going on a hunt for Verbs. They can't be UTTERLY HORRIBLE. I have 15 Memorex and 20 HP. No verbs but they will still work if burned at 2.4x

M

Matermine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
chaoschief said:
Not sold in the store. I'm not going on a hunt for Verbs. They can't be UTTERLY HORRIBLE. I have 15 Memorex and 20 HP. No verbs but they will still work if burned at 2.4x

You can think that. I was just playing Dante's Inferno on a memorex and I got disc read error half way through (no scratches at all)...went back to the same spot and got it again. Burned on a Verbatim, no problem at all.

C

chaoschief

JTAG Expert
Reaction score
Sin$
Matermine said:
You can think that. I was just playing Dante's Inferno on a memorex and I got disc read error half way through (no scratches at all)...went back to the same spot and got it again. Burned on a Verbatim, no problem at all.
Write Speed and can you install burned games to the Hard Drive?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No matter what media you burn on, a slower speed is normally recommended. That way it can burn at a slower speed putting less stress on the lens. You really want to invest in higher quality media, specifically Verbatims. They tend to last longer, be read in every drive type, and result in less coasters. It is all up to opinion but for an extra 5 bucks, I think I will get my moneys worth since I am only paying about a dollar per game as it is.

Top Bottom
Login
Register