What's new

Discussion April System Update Now Available

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$

• Party chat improvements – Additional icons and notifications within the party chat experience to help you understand your connection and microphone status. The party app will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication with particular party members.

• Game hub links – You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game, and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements, game clips and screenshots.

• Achievement notifications – With this update, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app.

• What’s On – The What’s On area is now available for Xbox One users in the U.S., Canada, and the UK. In it, you’ll find links to popular videos, games, movies, TV shows, game broadcasts and clips, along with Trending TV shows if you have configured OneGuide for your Xbox One console.

Source

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This is one of the smaller monthly updates we've seen, but I guess that indicates there aren't many things left to improve on.

The achievement preview is probably my favorite out of these. It was always a hassle to stop everything just to see why I got an achievement.

Bear

Bear

Reaction score
Sin$
This is one of the smaller monthly updates we've seen, but I guess that indicates there aren't many things left to improve on.

The achievement preview is probably my favorite out of these. It was always a hassle to stop everything just to see why I got an achievement.
Agreed. One of the best additions added this year.

I thought they'd add voice messaging... Damn.
Voice messaging is being kept in Preview.

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

This motto is the bee's knees
Reporter Services Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Shame this months update didn't come with the voice messaging. The only good feature this month in my opinion is the achievement description add-on. It was always a pain waiting for the achievements to load up to see what it was for. I have to agree with most people on having music playing in the background feature. Just a feature which PS4 already has and should be brought to the one.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean, they had voice messages on the 360... Wtf is taking them so long to "get it right for everyone"? They already had it right... Not to mention every update has something to do with the parties, yet they never work correctly... Just so disappointed in the X1...

Bear

Bear

Reaction score
Sin$
I mean, they had voice messages on the 360... Wtf is taking them so long to "get it right for everyone"? They already had it right... Not to mention every update has something to do with the parties, yet they never work correctly... Just so disappointed in the X1...
I'm guessing it's because Voice Chat and Voice Messaging is now being powered by Skype which could mean they're having issues making it work or they've just started working on it.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm guessing it's because Voice Chat and Voice Messaging is now being powered by Skype which could mean they're having issues making it work or they've just started working on it.
I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me. The X1 is the predecessor yet it feels they took a step back. Yeah, they're adding a bunch of stuff now, but I liked how easy the 360 worked.. In order to check friends, or achievements you have to go through like 3 pages of bull crap that each take 10-15 seconds to load. Games crash constantly, and the home screen goes on the fritz occasionally. I'm already on my 4th X1 and my wife is now sending hers in for her second..

It's just extremely frustrating and none of these updates seem to fix ****.

SimplyDope

SimplyDope

Graphics Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Yay, i guess
I was excited back in Feburary but now

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
The achievement thing is my favorite part of this update.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I saw this update when I logged onto my X1 the other day. And yeah it is pretty lame they left out voice messaging. I had just saw the news article by Legless saying they were bringing to to the X1. Guess they're waiting a while.

Top Bottom
Login
Register