• Views 1,653
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A sign of the ever so tense struggle between Apple and the jailbreak community may soon see more action taken on Apple's side. As Time Warner Cable's iPad App has just been updated to 2.0, users who are using any Jailbreak exploit on their iDevice will not be able to use the app without restoring to "factory defaults" (not Jailbroken).

TimeWarner-Update.png

It seems that Apple may be influencing developers to add this to their apps. Keep in mind this is not the first time this has happened, several months ago there was an app, (can't recall the name) that warned any Jailbroken users that the app may not function at full potential.

Is this the start of many high profile companies adding this detection feature to their apps? Any of you who are currently Jailbroken, would you un-Jailbreak if this was the case with many of the apps you use day to day (in result, ending Jailbreaking with the masses)?

Update: It seems that there may be a work around, but if this was for more than one app it may become quite a hassle.
Apparently, there is a way to bypass the jailbreak check and get the app working on a jailbroken iPad. It involves manually installing a .deb file on your device. FSM has a post up explaining how to do it, so hit the link if you want to give it a try.

Source

Google

Google

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the cracked versions? :tongue:

These are already free apps to start, the detection has been built into the app itself. The only work around is manually adding a .deb file in your iDevice's file system. :wink:

ooZeeKoo

ooZeeKoo

Se7en Vetran
Reaction score
Sin$
yea i noticed this yesterday on my iPad i lol'd when i saw the screen and was impressed, but another thing is, they can't block all apps, time warner cable is an app that connects to the internet ONLY, connecting to TWC server thing so it can stream television, so games that don't require wifi/etc will be fine, the worse then can do it block online gaming activity.

XxSOMEJ3WxX

XxSOMEJ3WxX

J3W CR3W
Retired
Legendary Veteran Chatty Kathy Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$

This is all due to the new CRS that was set up yesterday to prevent piracy and pirating of material over the internet.

So ya be prepared for AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner Cable, and Comcast to be starting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register