XxSOMEJ3WxX

XxSOMEJ3WxX

J3W CR3W
Retired
Legendary Veteran Chatty Kathy Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
iphone5metal.jpg
A major story has broken that is quickly taking the tech blogosphere by storm. As reported within the hour by Forbes, analyst Peter Misek with the prominent firm Jeffries & Co. has come forward with claims that Apple's next generation iPhone will not be the iPhone 5 after all. Given the minor cosmetic changes we've all anticipated, the refreshed touchscreen handset will be released as the iPhone 4S.

"According to our industry checks, the device should be called iPhone 4S and include minor cosmetic changes, better cameras, A5 dual-core processor, and HSPA+ support," Misek stated in a research note to investors. Misek also says that his sources confirm the iPhone's expansion to Sprint and T-Mobile, a move that will effectively make Apple's celebrated handset available on all four major carriers in the US. Apple‘s anticipated iPhone upgrade, however, isn’t likely to include LTE functionality.

"Industry checks indicate Apple will likely announce Sprint, T-Mobile, and China Mobile as new carriers." The "iPhone 4S" name hasn't been widely used to discuss the next-generation iPhone. But due to the now-obvious fact that next month's WWDC is all about iOS and not new hardware, it appears that the plan inside Apple is to release the slightly modified iPhone 4S this September.

As summer rapidly approaches, all signs, reports, and supposed leaks appear to corroborate what this late Friday report from Forbes has revealed. To read the full article, click here.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait so they will be releasing this on AT&T too? If so I'm gonna upgrade my 3GS
smile.gif

iDewky

iDewky

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a similar thread to this
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/487735-iphone-4s-info-leaked/page__p__3585248__fromsearch__1#entry3585248

I like this thread too though.

D

Dante iZ STR8

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
OMFG if it does release on Sprint I'm going to trade in my Evo and get it first day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register